PCOM-PA, PCOM-GA, PCOM-SGA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShuttleGinger

Reaction score
current student. do not go to these schools probably the most incompetent administration to exist. !Remindme 3years when I graduate to go off.

Members don't see this ad.

Could you elaborate just a little. I applied to all 3 campuses.

I don't know about PCOM-GA or SGA, but PCOM-PA is probably one of the best DO schools in the country. I don't know about the administrative side of the PA campus, but in terms of matching into residency (competitive or non-competitive specialties), research opportunities, and board scores, PCOM-PA is one of the best. Also, pretty much all DO schools will have in some form or another some administrative issues. It seems like this is a trend for DO schools themselves, and not particularly one school vs another.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
PCOM-PA is still one of the best DO schools.

Reactions: 4 users
PCOM-PA is obviously what everyone thinks when you mention PCOM. And it shows. Students were solid. I liked the teachers when i rotated up there for 3rd year. Obviously theres flaws like with any DO school but i didn't see anyone limited beyond their own capacity.

PCOM-GA wasn't perfect by any means but it got the job done. Got my residency that i liked. enjoyed my time there and made lifelong friends.

PCOM-south GA is still pretty new and would be nervous about applying there. They still utilize alot of PCOM-GA resources. including its students + faculty for mentorship. If you're somebody that frequently uses SDN you shouldn't have any issues.

Reactions: 1 user
PCOM-PA has some of the best 3rd year rotations in the DO world. Don't know anything about the other campuses. Incompetence is inherent to DO school administration and governing bodies, so no argument there.

Reactions: 1 users
I know a professor at my school who interviewed at South Georgia but decided against going there because in his words "it was a s*** show"

Status
Not open for further replies.