MWU interview(1/6) location, time, traffic, etc..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ldm0208

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Questions for those who interviewd at MWU.

I have an email from MWU that says "The interview day will last until approximately 2:30 pm". Is it possible to leave about 10~20min early? If my departure time is 3:55pm at the sky harbor, do you think I can make it by car? I might need some time to drop off the rent car.I know MWU is about 25mi away from the sky harbor airport. I am worried about the traffic in phenix area. If this is too risky, I think my second choice departure time is 12:05am on Jan 7. It will give me a plenty of time on my interview day, but I'm going to have to miss my one morning class of spring 09. Jan 7 is the first day of spring 09, so it's not that big of deal, but just trying to avoid missing a class here..

Plus, if anyone has an interview on Jan 6 and want to save some $$ by sharing a room and a rental car with me, plz let me know!!
Estimated price(but not confirmed yet)
for a compact car: less than $40
for a cheap room: bw $40~50

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Questions for those who interviewd at MWU.

I have an email from MWU that says "The interview day will last until approximately 2:30 pm". Is it possible to leave about 10~20min early? If my departure time is 3:55pm at the sky harbor, do you think I can make it by car? I might need some time to drop off the rent car.I know MWU is about 25mi away from the sky harbor airport. I am worried about the traffic in phenix area. If this is too risky, I think my second choice departure time is 12:05am on Jan 7. It will give me a plenty of time on my interview day, but I'm going to have to miss my one morning class of spring 09. Jan 7 is the first day of spring 09, so it's not that big of deal, but just trying to avoid missing a class here..

Plus, if anyone has an interview on Jan 6 and want to save some $$ by sharing a room and a rental car with me, plz let me know!!
Estimated price(but not confirmed yet)
for a compact car: less than $40
for a cheap room: bw $40~50

Thanks!!

My interview ended before 2 pm actually so, I think you'll be fine. Use supershuttle if you don't want to deal with all the hassles..

My interview ended before 2 pm actually so, I think you'll be fine. Use supershuttle if you don't want to deal with all the hassles..

b4 2pm..very good. Thanks!!
I talked to supershuttle before and it sounded like a good deal with $54(round trip). But it's still more expensive than a rental car and I think a rental car will be more convenient to me. I might be wrong..

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are under 25 years old the rental car companies will charge you more to rent a car. When I interviewed there the rental car cost me $70 because of "under age" charges. This was only one night and no extra gas costs.

If you are under 25 years old the rental car companies will charge you more to rent a car. When I interviewed there the rental car cost me $70 because of "under age" charges. This was only one night and no extra gas costs.

Thanks for the tip!
I am over 25, so it will stay around $37/day. yeah..I need to think about the gas, but the gas price is the only thing that's not on my nerve these days. ;)

bump!

I'm finally done with undergrad level biochem. I think I still did ok despite of this miserable feeling about not getting accepted from my top choice ds on dec. 1st. I just cant get myself together..

just wanted say somth..gl y'll~