Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

MWU interview(1/6) location, time, traffic, etc..

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ldm0208, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ldm0208

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Questions for those who interviewd at MWU.

I have an email from MWU that says "The interview day will last until approximately 2:30 pm". Is it possible to leave about 10~20min early? If my departure time is 3:55pm at the sky harbor, do you think I can make it by car? I might need some time to drop off the rent car.I know MWU is about 25mi away from the sky harbor airport. I am worried about the traffic in phenix area. If this is too risky, I think my second choice departure time is 12:05am on Jan 7. It will give me a plenty of time on my interview day, but I'm going to have to miss my one morning class of spring 09. Jan 7 is the first day of spring 09, so it's not that big of deal, but just trying to avoid missing a class here..

Plus, if anyone has an interview on Jan 6 and want to save some $$ by sharing a room and a rental car with me, plz let me know!!
    Estimated price(but not confirmed yet)
    for a compact car: less than $40
    for a cheap room: bw $40~50

Thanks!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cherrycooler09

2+ Year Member

Dental Student

My interview ended before 2 pm actually so, I think you'll be fine. Use supershuttle if you don't want to deal with all the hassles..

4. ldm0208

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    b4 2pm..very good. Thanks!!
    I talked to supershuttle before and it sounded like a good deal with $54(round trip). But it's still more expensive than a rental car and I think a rental car will be more convenient to me. I might be wrong..

5. Jake8

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    If you are under 25 years old the rental car companies will charge you more to rent a car. When I interviewed there the rental car cost me $70 because of "under age" charges. This was only one night and no extra gas costs.

6. ldm0208

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks for the tip!
    I am over 25, so it will stay around $37/day. yeah..I need to think about the gas, but the gas price is the only thing that's not on my nerve these days. ;)

7. ldm0208

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    bump!

I'm finally done with undergrad level biochem. I think I still did ok despite of this miserable feeling about not getting accepted from my top choice ds on dec. 1st. I just cant get myself together..

just wanted say somth..gl y'll~