my 1st rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

politik

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got my 1st rejection today from Boston University+pissed+ +pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
And lots of rejections still to come...

Q. What's the best medical school out there ?
A. It's one you matriculate at.

hang in there bud!

Yes it hurts quite a bit (i've gotten 2 already).
I debate whether to tear up the letter or save it for posterity....lol ;)

Yes it hurts quite a bit (i've gotten 2 already).
I debate whether to tear up the letter or save it for posterity....lol ;)

The doctor I used to work with told us to save them and then once you have the acceptance you want to have a rejection letter burning party.

I think it sounds like fun.

I'm pretty sure there are only about 125 US allo schools currently, unless you found some well hidden ones.:)

haha yea.. i jumped when i read 169.

to the op: you only need 1 school to become an MD :) :luck:

Got my 1st rejection today from Boston University+pissed+ +pissed+

You could always send them back this letter!

Dear Boston University,

Thank you for your letter of [Insert Date]. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me admission to your program.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite Boston University's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will join the ranks of medical students in your program this September. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,

[your name here]

:D

^^ Lol. That's awesome. I think I'll print out a couple of those for future use. :laugh:

Dear Boston University,

Thank you for your letter of [Insert Date]. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me admission to your program.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite Boston University's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will join the ranks of medical students in your program this September. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,

[your name here]

Somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send this to at least one school!! I so want to see what the school's response is!

Somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send this to at least one school!! I so want to see what the school's response is!

lol i'm glad you guys liked it. :D