My 2 cents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STEPonGAS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here are a few things that were useful to me when I applied to medical school:

1. If you can get involved in some institution/university with a research protocol, do it. I can't tell you how great that will look on your application.

2. A prep course (Kaplan, Princeton review, etc.) was also greatly important. It really made a difference in my application.

3. A graduate degree (in a related field), if you can arrange it, in the university you plan to apply will get you recognized.

4. Emergency medical technician work will get you to know at the very least, the ER doctors. This opens doors to see other doctors (neurologists, surgeons, internal medicine, etc.).

5. But by far the most important is having a support foundation, not just financial, but also EMOTIONAL. This route is quite tasking and you may be laughed at for beating your head against a brick wall. As long as you take care of your loved ones and you have their support, other things will take care of themselves.

I appreciate your reply and I would be glad to elaborate.

Members don't see this ad.