My blot worked! In your face guanylate-kinase associated protein! In your face!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BNSN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HAHA.

I WIN.

After months.

MONTHS.

Of optimizing you.

Of running failed after failed experiment at differing conditions and getting nothing but a large smear on my membrane.

I HAVE EMERGED VICTORIOUS.

I have run you on a test strip.

And gotten the right bands at the right locations with no background.

ALL I HAD TO DO WAS HATE MY LIFE FOR 10 MONTHS AND WORK WITH YOU.

Now, onto you, isoforms 1b/c and 2a/b of various postsynaptic density proteins.

I will vanquish you too.

Members don't see this ad.

Science rules.

Now I know why I'm glad to have a PhD in Neuroscience without ever having run a gel (or a blot, or whatever) in my life. More power to you, though. You'll probably find that things will move a lot faster after this apparent breakthrough.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now I know why I'm glad to have a PhD in Neuroscience without ever having run a gel (or a blot, or whatever) in my life. More power to you, though. You'll probably find that things will move a lot faster after this apparent breakthrough.

:laugh:

Most of the stuff I've done so far are non-molecular and I've never done a blot. But I'm definitely not ruling out doing some molecular stuff for the PhD. I know I'm clumsy when it comes to pipetting and some wet-lab techniques, so that post really doesn't bode well for me.

Man was background your problem? just block for a lot longer than the protocol says..i did it for o/n as opposed to 1 hour and ever since then its worked WONDERS - hardly any background at all

HAHA.

I WIN.

After months.

MONTHS.

Of optimizing you.

Of running failed after failed experiment at differing conditions and getting nothing but a large smear on my membrane.

I HAVE EMERGED VICTORIOUS.

I have run you on a test strip.

And gotten the right bands at the right locations with no background.

ALL I HAD TO DO WAS HATE MY LIFE FOR 10 MONTHS AND WORK WITH YOU.

Now, onto you, isoforms 1b/c and 2a/b of various postsynaptic density proteins.

I will vanquish you too.
Just remember this success the next time you feel like your PI is exaggerating about how how well you're doing just to "be nice." And congrats. :)

pwned!

Attachments

• GKAP pwned.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 205