My Chance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nanaschool2000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about Post bacc program. Here's my stat. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the suitable post bacc program is for me.

1. GPA: overall 3.1 Science: 2.7
2. UG: University of Michigan
3. I still haven't taken MCAT or GRE. I'm debating which one I should take.

Can someone tell me the post bacc programs that accept applications for winter or spring term?

Members don't see this ad.

nanaschool2000 said:
I don't know much about Post bacc program. Here's my stat. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the suitable post bacc program is for me.

1. GPA: overall 3.1 Science: 2.7
2. UG: University of Michigan
3. I still haven't taken MCAT or GRE. I'm debating which one I should take.

Can someone tell me the post bacc programs that accept applications for winter or spring term?

Your GPA isn't that bad--people have had worst and have been able to succeed..so don't give up hope. If u are still interested--i think BU, Barry, and NYMC are still accepting applications (master programs). I don't think any post-baccs are still accepting applications. As for the spring--i know for sure Barry, New Jersey, PCOM, and BU accept

As far as for MCAT or GRE. Hopefully you are taking the August MCAT--but if not....it's okay. Take the GRE in order to apply to these programs and just thake the CBT next year-no stresss.

HOpefully that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
MD Rapper said:
You may want to try and get your undergraduate science GPA above a 3.0 before doing any graduate work. A sub 3.0 undergraduate GPA in science has taken a lot of people out of the running for US allopathic admissions. Only a select few rigorous masters programs may be able to undo the damage... so you should get your current GPA up first!

Also, take the MCAT either prior to or after any graduate coursework... The reality is that you won't have time to study for it while being in graduate school unless you decide to decelerate and take some extra time off. There are advantages to either route. If you do it prior to graduate school, you are still fresh in the pre-medical sciences that are being tested... this is a big plus because you will most likely get little significant physics or chem (general or organic) in a biological sciences-based masters program. The advantage to taking the MCAT after graduate school is that you'll be much more disciplined in your study habits and know how to take exams better.

MD rapper def gave you some very good advice. Whatever he wrote--i couldn't agree more :)

Try to take undergrad classes...if you have already graduated you can take it through extention at your school. Or if there is no way--post bacc program is the next option because the grades your recieve for these classes go towards your under-grad GPA. Then maybe after that grad school :)

MD rapper :thumbup:

Thanks for all your advices :)

I have one more question. For the purpose of raising up sci gpa, should I do one of those formal Post Bacc program (HES, BU, etc)? Or should I just take classes at the UG I graduated from?