my chances in the big 4

Started by demayette
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

demayette

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Non traditional apllicant 35y, RN, 3.1 averall gpa, 3.5 BCPM and 27P mcat. Can someone tell me my chances in the big 4. and if I get an offer from one of them, will it be easy to get residency in family medicine after I graduate .
 
Hey,

I just answered your query in another post, I didn't see this post until just now, so I just copied and pasted it below 🙂

Your stats seem fine for SGU, AUC, and Ross. They're right on par with the avg. Stats for each of the schools and I'm sure with your RN experience you'll have decent LORs and a good personal statement. So ... apply. Also, this site might be a little better geared toward Carib questions. That is if you haven't checked it out already: www.valuemd.com

In additon FP, isn't as competitive as some other specialties so you have a decent shot at matching, especially if you attend one of the "Big 3", with decent scores of course. Good luck