My Chances!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vapremed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'll just bullet my stats to make it easy..

3.60 GPA Cum.
3.80 BCPM (Includes 2 C's in entry level math and physics as a freshman, which I moved on and got A's in Calc and University physics 2 years later)
Psychology Major, Chemistry Minor
1 summer volunteering in Electro convulsive therapy clinic, 20 hrs a week
1 year paid employment as clinical research coordinator at a childrens psychiatric center
3 months shadowing family care physician (DO)
1 summer interning at orthopedic medical center (40 hrs a week)
1 year paid research lab technician position, running lab techniques like Western Blots. (10-25 hrs a week, will stay til summer 2009)
3 months paid ER scribe position (will work here until summer 2009, 30 hours a week)
Attending 2 week intensive "Summer Surgery Experience" at Univ. of Cincinnati this month (very competitive program was accepted to)

First MCAT: 25Q 8VR 8BS 9PS

Second MCAt, just took, was scoring 30s on practice, and feel confident I did just fine.

LOR's very strong, getting a committee letter as wel and I am on very good terms with the head of the commttee, who has told me he is going to "make my letter a good one"

Applying to:

Medical College of Virginia
UVA
East Virginia
East Tennessee State
Georgetown or George Washington
West Virginia
Univ of Cincinnati
Louisville
Buffalo
Rochester
NYU
PCOM (DO)
Virgiina COM (DO)

Still looking will apply to 5-10 more schools.

What do you guys think? I wish my first MCAT was better but hopefully my second was good.

PS I consider myself a good interviewer, I was told I got my clinical research coordinator position mostly based on my interview, as most peoplewho get this job have at least 2 years specific training

Members don't see this ad.

You should have a fair chance at VCU and EVMS if your MCAT scores come up to at least 28, with no section less than 8 (preferably 9).

You can add Rosalind Franklin and NYMC. Eliminate NYU, which is very selective. Many of the schools are public. Check to see how friendly they are to out of state applicants before applying.