My circumstances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdplease185

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I applied to med schools for the 2007-2008 schoolyear and got 3 interviews, 1 waitlist, no acceptances. My stats were extremely low due to personal illness during my college career. My science gpa was 1.56 and my all others gpa was 2.82. My MCAT score was 20R. I spent the past year taking post-bacc classes in upper division biology and chemistry classes, as well as retaking the MCAT. My new science gpa is a 2.27 and my new all others gpa is a 3.05. I got all A's in the classes I took this year. My new MCAT score is a 32R. Even though my GPA is still extremely low, do you think I have any chance of getting into an MD program this year?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

nothing top tear, make sure your will and determination are EVIDENT in your personal statement. You seem like you have overcome alot and done well, this speaks well for you, but you will still be screened out of many schools. Apply early, broadly, and dont expect much, but I'd say you have a shot if you've got good ECs and awesome LOR's that echo your ability throughout your unique situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.