My crazy interview at at hospital went like this...

Started by Kwinner
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kwinner

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Manager comes in 10 min. late to interview. He zooms through the benefits and details for the position. I have no idea what he just said. I am asked about 15 tough questions. Afterwards, he's very negative and states that new graduates have no idea what work is actually like in a hospital and we don't know how to deal with things. States this 3 times...I reassure him to no avail. I ask 2 questions and he tells me to email him any other questions.

I forgot to add that he cursed twice.

Interview went well? lol...not working for these people.
 
Manager comes in 10 min. late to interview. He zooms through the benefits and details for the position. I have no idea what he just said. I am asked about 15 tough questions. Afterwards, he's very negative and states that new graduates have no idea what work is actually like in a hospital and we don't know how to deal with things. States this 3 times...I reassure him to no avail. I ask 2 questions and he tells me to email him any other questions.

I forgot to add that he cursed twice.

Interview went well? lol...not working for these people.

sounds terrible! what do you do when that is the only job around though? you know, surplus thing. what would you do?
 
sounds terrible! what do you do when that is the only job around though? you know, surplus thing. what would you do?

I currently work retail and am trying to transition to hospital. You are right though, at this point I don't have any other options. I live in a big city and it is ridiculous and also sad how saturated the market is here.

I just need to do my time, get some experience in hospital and go find another hospital to work for.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently work retail and am trying to transition to hospital. You are right though, at this point I don't have any other options. I live in a big city and it is ridiculous and also sad how saturated the market is here.

I just need to do my time, get some experience in hospital and go find another hospital to work for.

what city do you work in?
 
People are never as anonymous as they think they are. Don't be too specific. He could be lurking the forum.
 
My fellow resident had a similar experience. The clinical coordinator who interviewed her was late and very negative. This gave her a serious pause. But she loved internal med, and all the other clinical openings were in primary care, so she ended up going anyway. Hope she's doing well. :xf:
 
My fellow resident had a similar experience. The clinical coordinator who interviewed her was late and very negative. This gave her a serious pause. But she loved internal med, and all the other clinical openings were in primary care, so she ended up going anyway. Hope she's doing well. :xf:

Bad management along with a negative attitude can make work miserable. I hope she's ok too.

I hope the manager I interviewed with was just having a bad day.
 
He sounded really unprofessional. I'm trying to think what hospital in SA you interviewed for. VA?

Reminds me of one hospital interview where I guess the PIC did NOT like new grads and felt miffed the only ones he could find were new grads.
 
dont work there. it wont be worth the nightmare and obvious drama that will occur. try your hardest to avoid those places.
 
Manager comes in 10 min. late to interview. He zooms through the benefits and details for the position. I have no idea what he just said. I am asked about 15 tough questions. Afterwards, he's very negative and states that new graduates have no idea what work is actually like in a hospital and we don't know how to deal with things. States this 3 times...I reassure him to no avail. I ask 2 questions and he tells me to email him any other questions.

I forgot to add that he cursed twice.

Interview went well? lol...not working for these people.

You don't want to work for someone like this. There are worse things than being unemployed. Believe me, I know.