My DAT is done. Mixed feelings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dannyZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
DAT finally done! What a journey

Perceptual Ability............................................... 24 :pompous:
QR ...................................................................... 16 :blackeye:
Reading Comprehension ................................... 23 :happy:
Biology ............................................................... 20
GC ...................................................................... 22
OC ...................................................................... 22
TS ....................................................................... 21
AA ...................................................................... 21 :)

Overall I am contempt with my score. except QR. I refuse to acknowledge this sections existence. +pissed+

Shout out to SDN's amazing breakdowns. Without you guys I would probably have been lost like a misplaced cellphone on silent.
Resources used:
Bootcamp (Practice scores attached)
Destroyer
My man Chad
2009 practice DAT
Youtube
Flash Cards

Time allotted to study: ~ 1.75 months
First month: review of science sections slowly
Last .75 month: practice hardcore

Let me know if you need any strategy tips! Except for QR. There is no QR section on the real DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• DAT sch (Autosaved).xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: 3 users
DAT finally done! What a journey

Perceptual Ability............................................... 24 :pompous:
QR ...................................................................... 16 :blackeye:
Reading Comprehension ................................... 23 :happy:
Biology ............................................................... 20
GC ...................................................................... 22
OC ...................................................................... 22
TS ....................................................................... 21
AA ...................................................................... 21 :)

Overall I am contempt with my score. except QR. I refuse to acknowledge this sections existence. +pissed+

Shout out to SDN's amazing breakdowns. Without you guys I would probably have been lost like a misplaced cellphone on silent.
Resources used:
Bootcamp (Practice scores attached)
Destroyer
My man Chad
2009 practice DAT
Youtube
Flash Cards

Time allotted to study: ~ 1.75 months
First month: review of science sections slowly
Last .75 month: practice hardcore

Let me know if you need any strategy tips! Except for QR. There is no QR section on the real DAT.

:clap:Congratulations dannyZ !

Do not worry about the 16 in QR, the science and reading scores s are what dental schools look at the closest. The 16 is not below any cutoff and the QR section is challenging for most students.

Your scores are something you should be very proud of and take some time off and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Thanks for taking the time to post your scores and help other students yet to take the DAT

Wishing you the best..

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy

So do you think the real QR is harder than Bootcamp's QR? Great scores btw, especially PAT & RC! Congrats!

Good overall score! I'm studying the QR right now too and its so darn dreadful compared to everything else :help: Would you say the problems were more like examples in Chads videos in terms of difficulty?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good overall score! I'm studying the QR right now too and its so darn dreadful compared to everything else :help: Would you say the problems were more like examples in Chads videos in terms of difficulty?

I finished the QR, and I think it is similar to 2015 dat destroyer. I am really bad at math, and I guessed on a lot of questions on the real DAT. I even saw like 10-15 questions that were really similar to the dat destroyer.

I took my exam on the 6th. And i had pretty similar scores.....exactly the same for PAT and QR.
I actually felt qr section was easy but don't know how i ended up with a 16. :/

Reactions: 1 user
I finished the QR, and I think it is similar to 2015 dat destroyer. I am really bad at math, and I guessed on a lot of questions on the real DAT. I even saw like 10-15 questions that were really similar to the dat destroyer.

Like math destroyer or regular dest?

Like math destroyer or regular dest?

The regular destroyer. The math destroyer would probably help you prepare for the hardest problem on the exam. If you want to get by with a 20-22, then do the QR on the dat destroyer. Oh, and also be good with typing numbers on the calculator.

Use the 15 min tutorial to set up your PAT, and to play with the calculator using num lock.

Reactions: 1 users
Mistakes I made for QR:
(1) spent more than 1 min on a question on the real DAT :sorry:
(2) did not expose myself to enough practice questions
(3) Bootcamp and Destroyer are both representative. Just understand probability, statistics, and Trig. Khan academy is good at explaining these topics.
(4) QR is not a hard topic to master. It's just that most people put it on the back burner until the end (like I did) and realize they did not leave enough time to practice.

Reactions: 1 user
Mistakes I made for QR:
(1) spent more than 1 min on a question on the real DAT :sorry:
(2) did not expose myself to enough practice questions
(3) Bootcamp and Destroyer are both representative. Just understand probability, statistics, and Trig. Khan academy is good at explaining these topics.
(4) QR is not a hard topic to master. It's just that most people put it on the back burner until the end (like I did) and realize they did not leave enough time to practice.
Thanks for those tips

These are great scores man! Now deload to let your brain rest. Even with that QR you shouldn't be worried. Just stay focused on all the other stuff you need like letters and shadowing hours and stuff. You'll be fine!