My declining GPA trend, does this look really bad?

Started by Fdsa2495
Tags Tags
gpa trend
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fdsa2495

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Below is my GPA trendline from all four years. I will be applying this cycle and am worried that adcoms might ask about the decline in my gpa. My cGPA is 3.849 and sGPA is 3.853. Basically, I was getting a 3.9 for the first three years of college and my last semester of senior year was very hectic so my semester GPA was a 3.4 for that semester.

I'm not worried about my GPA but worried about the trend that it shows because it may be interpreted as a student with "senioritis." My high school GPA has a similar trend, I always do bad my last semester for some reason (wondering if it looks like I stopped caring towards the end🙁)

Any input about the graphs would be great (ignore the Post bacc GPA):

cGPA_bcpmGPA_trend.JPG
Running_GPA_Trend.JPG
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
0/10 troll.

As a teaching moment, if not a troll, anyone this neurotic will get killed by the pressure of med school.

Below is my GPA trendline from all four years. I will be applying this cycle and am worried that adcoms might ask about the decline in my gpa. My cGPA is 3.849 and sGPA is 3.853. Basically, I was holding a 3.9 for the first three years of college and my last semester of senior year was very hectic and caused my GPA to drop to a 3.849.

I'm not worried about my GPA but worried about the trend that it shows because it may be interpreted as a student with "senioritis." My high school GPA has a similar trend, I always do bad my last semester for some reason (I know it looks like I stopped caring towards the end🙁)

Any input about the graphs would be great (ignore the Post bacc GPA):

View attachment 213663 View attachment 213664
 
med schools need cadavers too
How is that funny dude? The people that donate their bodies to medical schools deserve to be treated with respect. They shouldn't be the butt end of any joke.

I hate the endless talk of "professionalism" just as much as anyone else, but your comment disgusted me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it was in context of @Goro comment on med school killing him. And if it does then cadaver would fit now wouldnt it? dont be so stressed in this process I think is the point that I am trying to make. Its called humor
"It's just a prank bro"
 
I would assume declining meant a drop in every consecutive semester.

But to OP's point, yes it does look bad. I suggest Caribbean schools.
 
Maybe you can send the graphs to your med schools for their opinion? If this doesn't get their attention nothing will. 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad