My dog ate a whole bottle of prenatal vitamins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahLorraine

P3
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My OB-GYN prescribed them as a regular vitamin and I only took one. I left for the night and when I came home the bottle was chewed open and ALL of them were gone!

He is like 30 pounds and about a year old. I know you guys aren't vets...but you know about this stuff. What do you think?

He seems ok...just a little more cuddly and he followed me around the house more than normal over the weekend. But this was Friday night. No diarrhea or vomiting.

You think he's ok? He seems ok...

Members don't see this ad.

yeah I did...and I called the pharmacist. I just wanted to see what you guys would have to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
have you tried calling the poison control center? If possible, I would try to give your dog as much water as possible to help flush out the vitamins.

This happened to a patient at my pharmacy a few weeks ago. Her dog ate all of her prenatals, bottle and all. When I asked her what happened to her dog, she said that he had some diarrhea for a couple of days but was fine otherwise.

However, this is not a forum for medical advice - for you or your pet :)

Call your vet if you have any concerns!

i bet a bottle of vitamins is not the worst thing anyone's dog has eaten!:D

i knew one pup who ate a linoleum floor. he was part goat, i think.

Your dog will have very shiny fur and long beautiful nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.