TheEugenius

2+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2016
I'm testing on the 19/8, and I've taken some FL's the past month. Here are my scores of the tests in the order I took them:

AAMC FL 1: 130/127*/128/129 (514)

*Made the mistake of thinking you only get 9 minutes per passage instead of 10. Ended up rushing through them too quickly, so the score may have been higher otherwise.

EK 1: 41/36/40/43 (70%)

NS 1: 128/126/128/130 (512)

NS 2: 128/128/129/129 (514)

NS 4: 127/125/128/129 (509)

AAMC FL 2: 129/126/130/129 (514)

I'm worried about CARS, but there's only 2 days left. Are there any last minute things I should do based on my scores?

Thanks!

pms_testosterone

5+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2014
Canada
Status
Medical Student
You're doing well, and will probably score 514 or slightly better. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to improve your CARS score in a day. Just make sure not to rush during the test.

It may be worth going over some psych/soc terminology today to gain yourself a point or two in that section.

MoDiddy

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2016
Working harder than U
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Looking very good. Nothing you can do about CARS right now to be honest. you could read about strategies with CARS but honestly I would just leave it and rest these 2 days to get mentally prepared. I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck!

About the Ads

Zenabi90

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Agree with the above.

Only test strategy I would look at now is the Golden Rule posted by KoalaT. So useful for CARS and even other sections at times. Essentially, "wrong is wrong, least wrong is most right."

Otherwise, rest, relax, get some real sleep, and go rock it. 514 on the FL2 is very reassuring.

SteyrFWB

2+ Year Member
May 2, 2015
Use the "Obama" method.

People laughed at this method, but it really worked.

Use his voice as he read, jogged, sneered, jumped over the passage with you. Obama has a very distinct sneering, condescending voice that will keep you very engaged. His wry image will keep you engaged.

My friend said Obama really help them in CARS; I find Obama also very helpful during my CARS.

Try him.

OP
T

TheEugenius

2+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2016
Agree with the above.

Only test strategy I would look at now is the Golden Rule posted by KoalaT. So useful for CARS and even other sections at times. Essentially, "wrong is wrong, least wrong is most right."

Otherwise, rest, relax, get some real sleep, and go rock it. 514 on the FL2 is very reassuring.
Use the "Obama" method.

People laughed at this method, but it really worked.

Use his voice as he read, jogged, sneered, jumped over the passage with you. Obama has a very distinct sneering, condescending voice that will keep you very engaged. His wry image will keep you engaged.

My friend said Obama really help them in CARS; I find Obama also very helpful during my CARS.

Try him.
These are amazing lmao

Too bad I didn't know about them sooner. I'll try to make use of them tomorrow!

About the Ads