My First Interview Offer Came in TODAY!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DO student, got my first interview yesterday for an ACGME surg program, one of the community programs I've had my eye on!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

3 Interviews... All medicine,

Last edited:
3 Interviews... All medicine, sent app first week

i have internal medicine interview coming up, please give me some advice, tell me what to say and what to ask

i have internal medicine interview coming up, please give me some advice, tell me what to say and what to ask

Dude you need to figure out what you want to know about the program and ask that. Do you care how often call is? Do you care if residents miss their continuity clinics because they are post call? Do you care how many people leave the program each year?

Figure out what you want to know. I assume you are feeling sort of desperate or else you wouldn't have posted this. Even if this is the ONLY interview you get, you still need to know the things that are important to you.

Dude you need to figure out what you want to know about the program and ask that. Do you care how often call is? Do you care if residents miss their continuity clinics because they are post call? Do you care how many people leave the program each year?

Figure out what you want to know. I assume you are feeling sort of desperate or else you wouldn't have posted this. Even if this is the ONLY interview you get, you still need to know the things that are important to you.

I think these are all good questions to ask a junior resident during a tour or pre-interview dinner, but probably will send the wrong message if you sit down in an interview with a PD or chairman and start asking about how much work you have to do and how bad the attrition is.