my first interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

shamthis

...well it's actually my sixth, but my first this year, and my second at Tufts.

I wonder if anyone gets rejected twice post-interview from medical schools.... we'll see.

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS, AND GOOD LUCK!! :clap: :) :clap:

Way to go Shamthis!!!! :clap: :clap:

I know this was a big burden on you.

Knock them dead.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, just a couple days after you started that interview thread and were getting worried.:clap:

congrats sham!!! I know it probably doesnt mean much, but for me, a first (and hopefully only time) applicant, you provide valuable insight into the whole process. I am sure you will be great! Best of luck.
-CT

Does Tufts Screen? I haven't even got a secondary, though I have been verified since mid August.

Thanks again, fellows! Tufts does not screen. I suggest you call and make sure everything's okay logistically.

Congrats! Here goes my traditional rainbow of happy emotions... :) :D :cool: :clap: :laugh:

woo-hoo. go shamthis!!!
and now for my traditional bruin 8 clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ShamThis,

I just read your previous thread about your frustration and concern about getting interviews... I'm so glad to see you've received your first interview this year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyy!!! I really hope you make it this time!!! They'll be lucky to have you!

:clap:

-j

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!!!! i knew you good things were coming your way (i was reading the other thread about your feelings on this application cycle earlier)...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

yaaaayyy!!! I don't really want to say this but...I told you so!! ;)

:clap: :clap:
congratulations!!
:clap: :clap:

hahaha!!! I win the bet. I WIN THE BET. YOU OWE ME SHAMMY!!!

I had told you two weeks!! It took them less than one! See?? I told you to not underestimate the power of prayer.

You go kick some wild ass boy; this is your time to shine. :)

Very proud of you,
Tweetie

Congratulations! :) You'll be great at this interview, I'm sure of it.

Shamalama-mama: we too have been following your saga since last summer...
Pa says, "tell him not to worry, there is an ass to cover every seat" (good advice when you stop to think about it)
and Ma says "embrace humility, eschew arrogance during your interviews"
Go get 'em! , and well, good luck sweetie!

Thanks Ma! and everyone else. Ma! If you've been following my saga since last summer (starting with alias 'Olympicgold'), you probably can imagine the sort of strain this process has on one's mentality. I need some not-my-motherly advice: how do I cope with more waiting? That I received an interview doesn't guarantee anything. Just look at what happened last year! I swear, being a reapplicant made me a little screwy and it's gonna be tough to go through it again. Plus, being a post-interview reject five times over does a number on a man's security and pride. During interviews, how should I answer the imminent question: why do you think you're not in medical school? I have some ideas, but I feel like I'm gonna twitch and stutter, "EEK! err, b-b-ba-bad l-l-lu-luck?"

There was a four hour period of elation after I received an invitation to interview at a medical school I really care about. Then reality set in...there aint no guarantees in life. Still there's lots o' work ahead.

Cautiously optimistic [an MCAT verbal phrase],
Shamalamdingdong

and, as i'm sure you know, tufts accepts 60%+ of their interviewees!

Originally posted by katem
and, as i'm sure you know, tufts accepts 60%+ of their interviewees!

actually, i didn't know that. where did you get those stats from?

from the usnews website.

applied: 5121
interviewed: 813
accepted: 489
enrolled: 168

so double congrats on the interview!

Where on the USNEWS web site did you find that info. I can't find it. I too have interviews again at schools that rejected me the first time ( one was a waitlist). Hope we have better luck this time.

Congrats and good luck on your interview.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Shamalama-date and time of the interview, please...and btw, what time zone would that be?

great school (a bit biased here:D ), congratulations! I can tell you from talking to my classmates who were reapplicants (a sizeable #, including self) that Tufts looks very favorably on reapplicants who are able to get up and go for it again. let me know if you need anything; I am very happy to have finished a 4-exam block on Friday and to have gotten a LOT of refreshing sleep this weekend! good luck, though you won't need it..

Tufts is currently on EDT, which is 3 hours ahead of Arizona Standard Time at present and will be 2 hours ahead of AST when EST begins sometime in October. just thought I would point that out..