My First Interview!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JRSCGSR

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to express my joy in receiving my first interview!!! Univeristy of Alabama, oct 10. Anybody else going on this day? Not my first choice in schools, but my cousin who attended UAB had nothing but good things to say about her experience at the school. I figure I'm going wherever I'm wanted. Just wanted to share the news... :D

Jon
UCLA Class of 2002

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!

All you need is one, but I'm sure more will follow.

~Alison

you drive a GSR with JRSC? what other mods you have on there

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, omg!!! Never expected anyone to decipher my sn here on SDN, but you got me. Too many mods and too many dollars into the car to think about, wish I could have it all back to pay for these damn applications!!! Actually, I sold the car this past year, but it was definitely fun while it lasted. Email me if you want to hear more about the car. Thanks.

Jon

Congrats on the UAB invite. I love it at UAB. I hope that you enjoy your experience in October. Be forewarned though, there is a great deal of construction being done on the new facilities. So keep an open mind and use your imagination. The new building should be something to look forward to and parts are expected to be functional by late winter/early spring.

The hospital network here is huge (4 hospitals and a major outpatient clinic within blocks from each other). You can walk for blocks indoors and still be in parts of the UAB hospital system. In addition, UAB is constructing a state of the art surgery/emergency medicine facility. It should be something unique and special for us to train in.

The people here are what really sold the school to me. I am glad I have such a wonderful corps of classmates surrounding me to help me through this experience. Screw rankings and any negative pre-conceived notions outsiders have of the school. Med school is what you make of it. In addition, i believe you are able to apply for in-state tuition after living in AL for a year. Keep that in mind because UAB is dirt-cheap compared to other schools.

Good Luck with your interview and if you speak from your heart, all should be well.

MS-1 University of Alabama School of Medicine

Congrats and good luck on your interview! I'm enjoying school here and would make the same choice if I had it to over again. Our class is wonderful and full of interesting people from all over and from about 57 undergraduate schools. And BamaFlip is right - you can apply for instate tuition after a year. Hope you enjoy your visit - post any questions about UAB here and we'll be happy to answer them.

MJ

woo-hoo. congrats, mod man! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

To complete the trio of MS-I's at UAB, I also wish you the best of luck at your interviews. By far, UAB was the most laid back interviewing experience that I had. Be yourself, and keep smiling!

Yours,

JPaikman

[Come by and visit us in the gross anatomy labs during your tours in the afternoon!]