My first interview!~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentgirl09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Boston!!!! Ayyayayayayyayayaya

Edit: They aren't all filled up for spots are they? Is this for alternates? i hope not!

Members don't see this ad.

Yay! Ill be giving my seat up there pretty soon so I hope you get mine! Its an underrated school and a great city. Good luck.

Boston!!!! Ayyayayayayyayayaya

Edit: They aren't all filled up for spots are they? Is this for alternates? i hope not!

Congradulations, now prep well and ace that interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any advice ?
My interview is for Feb 24.... should I call and try to move it up?

Just got my invite for March 3? Don't they have any better dates?

Any advice for the interview? I know its early... but I'm excited. TOO excited! High stress? Casual? YAYAYAY .. again! Congrats ZENO !! I wonder why our dates are so diff??

Any advice for the interview? I know its early... but I'm excited. TOO excited! High stress? Casual? YAYAYAY .. again! Congrats ZENO !! I wonder why our dates are so diff??

Don't know. That's a huge jump.

I live less than an hour away from there, I'm seriously SOL for this cycle, I'm happy for you. :)

I live less than an hour away from there, I'm seriously SOL for this cycle, I'm happy for you. :)

No way! I have been waiting to hear from certain cshools... and after geting rejected from OSU / Case (my two Ohio schools) i was depressed. Then came Marquette... ASDOH......

It'll come!!

Congrats! Advice: Walk in there and tell yourself you own the place. But don't let it show :cool:

Congrads guys!!!
Just a quick question tho, did you ever receive an email saying that your application was complete before recieve the interview invite?

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats!
Advice: Look at the interview feedback for BU...

congrats to the both of you!

hey OP i was wondering what your gpa was. im waiting for my first interviews STILL with a 3.28/3.0 cum/sci and was wondering if there any hope let for me!! :scared:

i also got one for feb. 3rd. wish they invited me earlier because i would've loved to visit boston at least. gonna turn down my invite so someone can take my spot :]

i also got one for feb. 3rd. wish they invited me earlier because i would've loved to visit boston at least. gonna turn down my invite so someone can take my spot :]

hey pryda, i know this is random, but did you do a post bac or a masters program after your undergrad?

hey dentgirl if you dont' mind what are your stats? congrats on boston!!!

congrats and good luck!

I got one for March 2 today, will be my fourth interview by then, so I hope I nail it. I like the idea of living in Boston and am excited to see the school first hand.

September 14th... stuff mailed Oct 3rd... LOE not mailed til nov...

Congrats! I'm glad you're starting to see the interest you deserve. BTW, you most likely got rejected from OSU because you applied so late - if you waited a year and applied again in June you'd be a shoe-in, so just keep that in mind if things don't work out this year or if you want to take a year off :):thumbup:

congrats to the both of you!

hey OP i was wondering what your gpa was. im waiting for my first interviews STILL with a 3.28/3.0 cum/sci and was wondering if there any hope let for me!! :scared:

PM sent. Hope it lifts your spirits! My GPA is right around yours. :)

Anyone mind posting that interview feedback site again? I have been searching but can't find it....It's a little early I know, but we all know how obsessive SDNers are.....:)

This is a great moral booster for finals week! I was beginning to get depressed about all the work I had to do and all the rejections so far!

Congrats! I'm glad you're starting to see the interest you deserve. BTW, you most likely got rejected from OSU because you applied so late - if you waited a year and applied again in June you'd be a shoe-in, so just keep that in mind if things don't work out this year or if you want to take a year off :):thumbup:

Hey! Thanks! You know... that could be it. But they said they picked who to interview by just picking the highest GPA and DAT scores... and my GPA isn't exactly up there!......

Ya enver know. I don't want to take a year off... so hopefully things look up for the rest of the cycle. :)

hey pryda, i know this is random, but did you do a post bac or a masters program after your undergrad?

i didn't do any post-grad work, just took a year off and did some work. i think i've had a lot of luck cuz of my dat score

i didn't do any post-grad work, just took a year off and did some work. i think i've had a lot of luck cuz of my dat score

lol with those scores, i dont think it was just luck! how did you study for them? im thinking i need to retake mine since i most likely will have to reapply next cycle..i studied with just about everything i heard of..destroyer, top score, achiever...but im just not scoring high enough :(

Dentgirl09, could you update your predents.com account for up-to-date info. Thanks.

^otherwise im going to flag u haha

Who is for Feb. 20 ... Friday??
I got one too.....^^

I'm really hate to take airplane.....
Why don't Cali. schools invite me....??

Hey! Thanks! You know... that could be it. But they said they picked who to interview by just picking the highest GPA and DAT scores... and my GPA isn't exactly up there!......

Ya enver know. I don't want to take a year off... so hopefully things look up for the rest of the cycle. :)

Sounds like by the time they would have received your LOEs they would have already invited everybody to the Dec 6th interview, but you should set up a meeting with the advisors in February, both Sarah and Liz-Beth and very nice! It is actually a requirement to have a 're-applicant' meeting if you think you might reapply.

I may be being a bit bitter, but averages of 3.3 for 2008 entering class according to ADA handbook, the current predent average of 3.6, along with interviewing the highest GPAs won't give a 3.3 unless they accept a handful of 2.7s, nah mean?

I may be being a bit bitter, but averages of 3.3 for 2008 entering class according to ADA handbook, the current predent average of 3.6, along with interviewing the highest GPAs won't give a 3.3 unless they accept a handful of 2.7s, nah mean?

I was talking about OSU...?
I don't understand your point?

I made a new predents account that is not attached to my SDN name.

Sounds like by the time they would have received your LOEs they would have already invited everybody to the Dec 6th interview, but you should set up a meeting with the advisors in February, both Sarah and Liz-Beth and very nice! It is actually a requirement to have a 're-applicant' meeting if you think you might reapply.

Thanks! I guess I should do that just incase I don't get accepted this cycle. But I guess if I don't get accepted there will be plenty of time for that once I've graduated! ha......

Really nice of you to give me that advice... I didn't know it was required. :)

I was talking about OSU...?
I don't understand your point?

I made a new predents account that is not attached to my SDN name.

oh sorry, you were talking about OSU. What I meant was, if you go to BU's profile right now for the accepted class, it is an average gpa of 3.6, their average last year was a 3.3 for entering class

oh sorry, you were talking about OSU. What I meant was, if you go to BU's profile right now for the accepted class, it is an average gpa of 3.6, their average last year was a 3.3 for entering class

You should maybe consider that predents isn't exactly a random sampling... you can't take predents to be a holy grail to admissions.... its just a way for us to compare ourselves with those who are in the system... there are thousands who aren't.....

Plus I've heard that the AVGs for a lot of schools have gone up significantly this cycle....the rejection letter I got from OSU mentioned that... ha!

You should maybe consider that predents isn't exactly a random sampling... you can't take predents to be a holy grail to admissions.... its just a way for us to compare ourselves with those who are in the system... there are thousands who aren't.....

Plus I've heard that the AVGs for a lot of schools have gone up significantly this cycle....the rejection letter I got from OSU mentioned that... ha!

Exactly. Predents and SDN are most of the top-tier psychos applying to dental schools with 4.0 and 23/23/24, haha. I think the stats on Predents are going to be well above what the real average is.

hey i have an interview there also on march 2!!! my first one im soo excited !!! good luck to all

got an interview as well. What is with all these BU interviews in feb and march. Are these legit or strictly waitlist.

If anyone is wondering, I have good stats, but very late submission.

my first interview too!! feb 9 ahhhhh :DD good luck everyone !!

Congrats everyone! ANyone have the 24th? Seems like everyone has diff dates than me :(

I wonder how many interview dates total they gave out with how many per day? Seems like they spanned it over a long period of time..