My first thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

senmar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My name is Abdullah from Libya from the city of Misurata ....

Iam Dental students, now finished the first year and soon I will start the second year.
I am a new member of the Organization was established college "student union". I want to help me in determining the structure of such an organization.

THANK YOU TO ALL

Members don't see this ad.

Not very clear on what you are asking...but are you asking how to establish a student government?

If so, you should start by finding a group of people who are interested in establishing this student government (which is sounds like you have).

Then you should get this group to determine, with the input of the administration, what the role of the student government is. In general, that is usually to facilitate communication between the students and the school administration and faculty, to help lead and shape student run programs to help the students (like volunteer events, community outreach, tutoring or mentoring programs, study clubs, social events), and other student coordinated activities, fundraising.

Once you know what the student governments purpose is, you should create some roles for each class of students, define the jobs of these roles, and then hold elections for these positions:

Examples:
President - Act as voice for his/her class. Make decisions pertaining to activities and events and help to run and coordinate these events. Meet with Faculty, Admin, Staff, and students to coordinate communication.
Vice President - To act in the president's absence. To head up social events.

You could have every class have a president, vice president, etc. and all of them together make up the student government and meet together to create events.

You could also have it so only a couple positions are available in each class like:
President - senior class
Vice President - junior class
Secretary, Treasurer - sophmore class
Rep at Large, etc - Freshman class

Don't know if that's what you meant, but if not, please ask more clearly what it is you are trying to figure out.

Thanks dear.......
What you wrote is exactly what I want....Once again thank you very much...

But do you know the names of computer programs or websites to design logos. Because the college asked me that and I know a lot of programs and websites, but I really confuses them and I do not know any of them better.

One last question. Is it necessary to approve the Constitution or the law of this government?

I am a Muslim and I have a rule in my life is '''' a person who does not thank people does not thank ALLAH (God) ''''

Thank you very much dear

I don't know where to go to design a logo, but it isn't that hard to search online or to ask around at your school. Your school probably has a logo, ask where they had their logo designed and start there.

Yes, you should draft some kind of official document or constitution if you want. You can do that with your unofficial group first and vote to approve it among your group. That seems fine. That constitution would outline the function and way in which your student government will operate and function.

Do you have to ratify it...no. You are creating a group from scratch, there really is no right or wrong way to do that. There is going to be a lot of figuring out things as you go.