Quantcast

my first top score score please advice

DATBooster | The Ultimate DAT Resource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shareshab

Reaction score
hi guys i took my first top score test and i got as follow :

ACADEMIC AVERAGE :18

BIO: 19 , CHEM :19 , ORGO :19 , PAT :20 , QR : 17 RC : 16 total science :20

i have the test on march 31th

Lane138

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Personally, I didn't find top score's science portions that similar to the real thing; however, lots of people on this forum say that it's a pretty accurate match to the real thing, score wise. What are you aiming to score? Because if you're aiming for around 19's across the board, then you seem ready. If you want to crack the 20's, then you should prepare more. Especially with chemistry because there are only limited number of types of questions the DAT can ask, so you should do lots of practice problems and master those.

duckdds

Reaction score
iam just worry about reading :(

Just keep practicing, use the Kaplan RC test if you have it. Make sure you time and pace yourself. Limit yourself to only 20 minutes per passage, which gives you a little over a minute to answer each question. Don't dwell on a question if you can't figure it out, as the RC section is the easiest section to fall behind on. Mark it and move on. Some questions are quicker to answer than others, while some questions require a little bit more thinking and logic.

I followed that strategy and managed to have about 5-10 minutes left over at the end of the section, which allowed me to review my marked questions. I scored a 20 on RC.
Good luck!

americanpierg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Personally, I didn't find top score's science portions that similar to the real thing; however, lots of people on this forum say that it's a pretty accurate match to the real thing, score wise. What are you aiming to score? Because if you're aiming for around 19's across the board, then you seem ready. If you want to crack the 20's, then you should prepare more. Especially with chemistry because there are only limited number of types of questions the DAT can ask, so you should do lots of practice problems and master those.

I am one of those who feel topscore was the most representative of the real exam. BUT it's not the best prep source because its too easy to be used as a study source if that makes any sense... the best prep would've been either destroyer or achiever.