my gpa and pre req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

papermate45546

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did extremly bad in my freshmen and sophomore year of college and received many F's. So I got a wake up call and got a 3.7 GPA on my course pre requiste GPA and a 3.7 GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework. I also got a 3.7 in my upper division courses. I also got decent GRE scores. But my cumm GPA is 2.8. So if I were to apply to a PT school that looks at the last 60 hours course work what are my chances that I would get accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

They're way better than your chances of getting accepted to a program that doesn't look at your last 60 credits. I'm in the same boat as you. My cum GPA is horrific (probably worse than yours)but I'm still in the process of taking pre-reqs. 3.7 is strong for pre-req and last 60 GPA (from talking to admissions personnel and looking at stats on school websites) so you should be fine there. Getting accepted for you just depends on the rest of your app (GRE, LORs, essays etc...)

Reactions: 1 user
Do your research on schools before applying. Be sure that they look at your last 60 cumulative gpa and not your overall. Some programs use cumulative, last 45/60 and prereq gpa and if you dont satisfy all of them they wont even look at you. You have a good chance of getting accepted with the 60 and prereq gpa from schools that just look at that, so do your research for those programs. because your options of how many pt schools you can apply to are limited. My undergraduate degree gpa was a 2.76 from 12 years ago. I applied last cycle with a 2.96 cumulative with competitive prereq and last 60 gpas on the hopes that other aspects of my application would be more important than my cumulative gpa. I managed 3 waitlists out of 22 schools with 1 interview (nonptcas). Most of those rejections came from not having a 3.0 cumulative gpa. This application cycle I was able to raise it to a 3.003 while improving my prereq and last 60 gpas with retakes and other somewhat relative courses and getting As. If you are that worried about the cumulative, take more classes that can raise your gpa after you graduate. Some programs do take the higher grades if you do retakes so that can help raise it as well. Good Luck.

Do your research on schools before applying. Be sure that they look at your last 60 cumulative gpa and not your overall. Some programs use cumulative, last 45/60 and prereq gpa and if you dont satisfy all of them they wont even look at you. You have a good chance of getting accepted with the 60 and prereq gpa from schools that just look at that, so do your research for those programs. because your options of how many pt schools you can apply to are limited. My undergraduate degree gpa was a 2.76 from 12 years ago. I applied last cycle with a 2.96 cumulative with competitive prereq and last 60 gpas on the hopes that other aspects of my application would be more important than my cumulative gpa. I managed 3 waitlists out of 22 schools with 1 interview (nonptcas). Most of those rejections came from not having a 3.0 cumulative gpa. This application cycle I was able to raise it to a 3.003 while improving my prereq and last 60 gpas with retakes and other somewhat relative courses and getting As. If you are that worried about the cumulative, take more classes that can raise your gpa after you graduate. Some programs do take the higher grades if you do retakes so that can help raise it as well. Good Luck.
Its all about working hard and being ambitious. Thanks for the answers.