My grandfather always said...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmDstudent

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
patience, persistence, and perseverance.

It took me quite a while, a couple of years actually, but I finally made it out of retail, I now work full-time at an institution, and I didn't even have to move. 😍

My advice to all of you looking to get out of retail is the same as was my grandfather's advice to me (see above).

Just don't give up!



Oh, and you can't always listen to It's Z. :meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what are the factors that make people want to escape retail? At a certain point, does the increased income no longer matter due to the stress?
 
what are the factors that make people want to escape retail? At a certain point, does the increased income no longer matter due to the stress?
It was the outright craziness that drove me away.

The pay is almost identical - maybe slightly better. So maybe someone else can chime in and address that part.
 
patience, persistence, and perseverance.

It took me quite a while, a couple of years actually, but I finally made it out of retail, I now work full-time at an institution, and I didn't even have to move. 😍

My advice to all of you looking to get out of retail is the same as was my grandfather's advice to me (see above).

Just don't give up!



Oh, and you can't always listen to It's Z. :meanie:

I thought you worked LTC or was my memory off?
 
patience, persistence, and perseverance.

It took me quite a while, a couple of years actually, but I finally made it out of retail, I now work full-time at an institution, and I didn't even have to move. 😍

My advice to all of you looking to get out of retail is the same as was my grandfather's advice to me (see above).

Just don't give up!



Oh, and you can't always listen to It's Z. :meanie:

Just curious... what kind of institution are you working at?
 
Or you can just get into pharma and make the same amount for 40-55 hours a week in a nice office building haha - assuming money is the goal.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad