You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
My job hunt!
Started by GreatPumpkin
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yes! congratulations on the job! you did very well! and thanks for the candid posts! they are very insightful!
Thanks guys. I hope it turns out to be as great as it seems to be. I am certainly excited.
The group emailed me today and asked if a new Olympus BX41 dual head scope would be ok with me. I glanced over at my tired old crappy resident microscope and just died laughing.
The group emailed me today and asked if a new Olympus BX41 dual head scope would be ok with me. I glanced over at my tired old crappy resident microscope and just died laughing.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should ask for a company car too...perhaps a Benz.GreatPumpkin said:Thanks guys. I hope it turns out to be as great as it seems to be. I am certainly excited.
The group emailed me today and asked if a new Olympus BX41 dual head scope would be ok with me. I glanced over at my tired old crappy resident microscope and just died laughing.![]()
AngryTesticle said:You should ask for a company car too...perhaps a Benz.
With rims.
Schweet. By morphology it looks to be like the one I got to know on hemepath.GP said:Olympus BX41
PD at my home institution did tell me that the best time to ask about a new scope is when you first get the job offer!
I posted this in the sticky jobs thread, but thought someone might actually see it here...
Just got back from a CAP teleconference regarding the business of pathology. This data was cited from a very recent survey:
Experienced pathologist (n=147)
1% less than 100K
11% 100-150K
35% 150-250K
26% 250-350K
16% 350-500K
12% greater than 500K
Entry-level pathologist (n=145)
10% less than 100K
44% 100-150K
38% 150-250K
6% 250-350K
1% 350-500K
1% greater than 500K
Entry-level with subspecialty training/boards (n=144)
3% less than 100K
40% 100-150K
46% 150-250K
10% 250-350K
1% 350-500K
0% greater than 500K
Im assuming these numbers represent recent graduated from 5-year programs with and without subspecialty training. I will be curious to see how grads of 4-year programs fare without fellowships in the coming years.
Just got back from a CAP teleconference regarding the business of pathology. This data was cited from a very recent survey:
Experienced pathologist (n=147)
1% less than 100K
11% 100-150K
35% 150-250K
26% 250-350K
16% 350-500K
12% greater than 500K
Entry-level pathologist (n=145)
10% less than 100K
44% 100-150K
38% 150-250K
6% 250-350K
1% 350-500K
1% greater than 500K
Entry-level with subspecialty training/boards (n=144)
3% less than 100K
40% 100-150K
46% 150-250K
10% 250-350K
1% 350-500K
0% greater than 500K
Im assuming these numbers represent recent graduated from 5-year programs with and without subspecialty training. I will be curious to see how grads of 4-year programs fare without fellowships in the coming years.
I bet most folks who do the 4 year program will go for a fellowship, but we will see. All the 4 year folks graduating this year and next year from MCV are going to fellowhips.
Havarti666 said:I posted this in the sticky jobs thread, but thought someone might actually see it here...
Just got back from a CAP teleconference regarding the business of pathology. This data was cited from a very recent survey:
Experienced pathologist (n=147)
1% less than 100K
11% 100-150K
35% 150-250K
26% 250-350K
16% 350-500K
12% greater than 500K
Entry-level pathologist (n=145)
10% less than 100K
44% 100-150K
38% 150-250K
6% 250-350K
1% 350-500K
1% greater than 500K
Entry-level with subspecialty training/boards (n=144)
3% less than 100K
40% 100-150K
46% 150-250K
10% 250-350K
1% 350-500K
0% greater than 500K
Im assuming these numbers represent recent graduated from 5-year programs with and without subspecialty training. I will be curious to see how grads of 4-year programs fare without fellowships in the coming years.
1% of non subspeciality entry level pathologist make more than 500K/yr????
No way f'ing way. Im sorry, not even in the rural midwest could I see that happening. with a n=145, they are saying at least 3 general pathologists had offers >350k/yr starting...B.S.
LADoc00 said:1% of non subspeciality entry level pathologist make more than 500K/yr????
No way f'ing way. Im sorry, not even in the rural midwest could I see that happening.
Do pathologists make more in the rural midwest? That's where I would like to live longterm, so that would be awesome. 👍
LADoc00 said:1% of non subspeciality entry level pathologist make more than 500K/yr????
No way f'ing way. Im sorry, not even in the rural midwest could I see that happening. with a n=145, they are saying at least 3 general pathologists had offers >350k/yr starting...B.S.
Hell if I know, dude. I am just the messenger.