My list of waitlists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why not get accepted somewhere sense those MD schools are not offering any...

Reactions: 1 user
I don't understand the logic of waitlist = bad interviewer... it does not make any sense. If you're a bad interviewer, you would be rejected.
At many places, just about everyone goes on the waitlist.
Rejections go out after class starts.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give up man. Hang in there. Sending good vibes your way.

At many places, just about everyone goes on the waitlist.
Rejections go out after class starts.

Assuming OP went 3 cycles with 3.9/38, could schools have been averse to interview him the second and third cycles because they thought OP should have been accepted somewhere with those stats in the first cycle? At least it explains why mid and low tiers are hesitant to interview him.

What's interesting is the fraction of top tiers giving OP interviews actually increased throughout these cycles, so he's doing something right but not enough to get directly accepted.

Assuming OP went 3 cycles with 3.9/38, could schools have been averse to interview him the second and third cycles because they thought OP should have been accepted somewhere with those stats in the first cycle? At least it explains why mid and low tiers are hesitant to interview him.

What's interesting is the fraction of top tiers giving OP interviews actually increased throughout these cycles, so he's doing something right but not enough to get directly accepted.
Many screeners will see high-stats re-applicants as low yield.
You are right, this scenario is odd.

So the problem isn't with the application, essays, letters etc. because he got more interviews this cycle. The only thing I can think of is the interviews but even then that's weak because some of those schools where OP is waitlisted rejects people post-interview (like JHU, NYU, Yale).

Do schools know which application cycle I'm on?

So the problem isn't with the application, essays, letters etc. because he got more interviews this cycle. The only thing I can think of is the interviews but even then that's weak because some of those schools where OP is waitlisted rejects people post-interview (like JHU, NYU, Yale).
Even schools that send early rejections will reserve many/most of those interviewed.

They will if you are a re-applicant to their school.
They may infer it based on the dates of letters or other historical markers.
I see, that's very interesting

I assume it's the interview too. I know I'm not a super strong interviewer but I think at this point I'm at least alright. I've done mocks with med student friends and professionals

The same thought occurred to me too though. I'm wondering how many people these schools actually waitlist and reject. Someone on the JHU application thread said there were 200 rejects and Yale said on MSAR that there are only 80 people on the waitlist.
I'm curious as to how accurate those numbers are though. I know people are reluctant to post rejections but there are very few reported rejections on those forums.

Even schools that send early rejections will reserve many/most of those interviewed.

Hmm that's a problem

I assume it's the interview too. I know I'm not a super strong interviewer but I think at this point I'm at least alright. I've done mocks with med student friends and professionals

The same thought occurred to me too though. I'm wondering how many people these schools actually waitlist and reject. Someone on the JHU application thread said there were 200 rejects and Yale said on MSAR that there are only 80 people on the waitlist.
I'm curious as to how accurate those numbers are though. I know people are reluctant to post rejections but there are very few reported rejections on those forums.

Yeah I have no idea. Hopefully you'll get good news soon especially with April 30 coming soon

I am posting since I have received an acceptance as promised.
A few weeks ago, I received an offer from Yale. I am very surprised and excited myself. I apologize for not posting earlier because I was held up with lots of administrative work.
After so many application cycles and waitlists, an admission to medical school appeared to be only a dream. But I believe this can be an example to all of those that have been waitlisted that there is really hope, in future cycles if not this one.

I'm very thankful for all the support that I have received on this forum and will do my best to support applicants in the future.

Reactions: 14 users
That's freakin awesome, I too know the amazing feeling of getting off the waitlist and I'm so happy that it worked out for you. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am posting since I have received an acceptance as promised.
A few weeks ago, I received an offer from Yale. I am very surprised and excited myself. I apologize for not posting earlier because I was held up with lots of administrative work.
After so many application cycles and waitlists, an admission to medical school appeared to be only a dream. But I believe this can be an example to all of those that have been waitlisted that there is really hope, in future cycles if not this one.

I'm very thankful for all the support that I have received on this forum and will do my best to support applicants in the future.

Congrats dude! Glad to hear it turned out well. Yale is an awesome school. Good luck on your future endeavors.