My Loma Linda chances?

Started by premedman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premedman

Future dentist, I hope
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My undergraduae is approx a 3.0, and my graduate gpa is aprox 3.256, which doe not include this class from spring and the two I will take in the summer ( i know I will get a's they are take home classes). Is this competive for loma linda, do I have a chnace in heck of getting in?
 
premedman said:
My undergraduae is approx a 3.0, and my graduate gpa is aprox 3.256, which doe not include this class from spring and the two I will take in the summer ( i know I will get a's they are take home classes). Is this competive for loma linda, do I have a chnace in heck of getting in?


I'm a little confused, it says you want to be a dentist next to your icon, but your posting about Loma Linda on the postbac forum. I don't know if Loma Linda has a postbac for dental or even medical school for that matter. In fact, I don't know if it has a dental school either. If you are asking about Loma Linda medical school, I do know alot of people who matriculated there with sub-par scores...either a lower GPA or a lower MCAT, however, all of them were 7th day adventists and I think they had great letters of recommendations from their church leaders. BTW, nice SN!
 
premed said:
I'm a little confused, it says you want to be a dentist next to your icon, but your posting about Loma Linda on the postbac forum. I don't know if Loma Linda has a postbac for dental or even medical school for that matter. In fact, I don't know if it has a dental school either. If you are asking about Loma Linda medical school, I do know alot of people who matriculated there with sub-par scores...either a lower GPA or a lower MCAT, however, all of them were 7th day adventists and I think they had great letters of recommendations from their church leaders. BTW, nice SN!
The SN is confusing, but Premedman is going for dentistry. Loma Linda has a one-year biomedical sciences certificate (1,2) program as well as a dental school.
 
Phil Anthropist said:
The SN is confusing, but Premedman is going for dentistry. Loma Linda has a one-year biomedical sciences certificate (1,2) program as well as a dental school.


Cool...I didn't know that. 🙂