Admission chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bojof1

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I’m new to the forums. Currently a university senior planning on applying to a few enhancer post bacc programs for the fall. My first year was the lockdown year so my GPA is not totally representative of me academically but it is a 3.35. My sGPA is 3.1 and I have a lot of shadowing experience. Wondering about my chances in applying to some of the Ivy and other top post bacc programs on my list which is honestly probably too long at this point due to a bit of anxiety. I have around 15 on my list. Planning on applying to Harvard, Columbia, UPenn, Bryn Mawr, Goucher, UCLA, Berkeley, Duke, NYU, Boston University, Georgetown, GW, Temple, Fordham, and Tufts. How hard are these to get into and should I change my list? I’m sure I should probably slim it down.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone. I’m new to the forums. Currently a university senior planning on applying to a few enhancer post bacc programs for the fall. My first year was the lockdown year so my GPA is not totally representative of me academically but it is a 3.35. My sGPA is 3.1 and I have a lot of shadowing experience. Wondering about my chances in applying to some of the Ivy and other top post bacc programs on my list which is honestly probably too long at this point due to a bit of anxiety. I have around 15 on my list. Planning on applying to Harvard, Columbia, UPenn, Bryn Mawr, Goucher, UCLA, Berkeley, Duke, NYU, Boston University, Georgetown, GW, Temple, Fordham, and Tufts. How hard are these to get into and should I change my list? I’m sure I should probably slim it down.
I think it's easy to get in compared to doing well (once you're enrolled) to earn a linkage interview. If you're willing to pay, you probably will get in if you meet all requirements.

Reactions: 1 user
Most of those programs (Goucher, Columbia, GW etc) aren't for grade enhancers. They are for career changers who haven't taken science courses/pre-reqs.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Most of those programs (Goucher, Columbia, GW etc) aren't for grade enhancers. They are for career changers who haven't taken science courses/pre-reqs.

So should I not even bother at all? I didn’t know if the programs were strictly academic enhancers or career changers. I was thinking that these are just who they cater to the most by having evening classes and stuff like that.

Last edited:
Archived articles

So should I not even bother at all? I didn’t know if the programs were strictly academic enhancer or career changer
You've probably found this in your own research by now, but career-changer programs usually do not even consider candidates who have already taken the majority of the premedical prerequisites. Make sure you check the requirements of each program so you aren't wasting your time and energy. That said, if you weren't a pre-med in college (I can't tell from this post), then you can still apply to career-changer programs straight from college. However, you'll need a compelling narrative that addresses why you didn't pursue a pre-medical education before and why you are now. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
You've probably found this in your own research by now, but career-changer programs usually do not even consider candidates who have already taken the majority of the premedical prerequisites. Make sure you check the requirements of each program so you aren't wasting your time and energy. That said, if you weren't a pre-med in college (I can't tell from this post), then you can still apply to career-changer programs straight from college. However, you'll need a compelling narrative that addresses why you didn't pursue a pre-medical education before and why you are now. Best of luck!
Thank you. This makes sense. I'm majoring in health and taking my pre reqs as I can fit them in. Doing some research here and also talking to my pre health advisor, I've reasoned that a formal post bacc is best for me. It's now just a matter of me gathering the schools I want to apply to and working on those applications. Still curious to see if there are any actual reports on who has been admitted to these schools so that I can compare myself and know what to expect but I'll probably just put up as many shots as I can to maximize my choices out of the enhancer programs I can find.