• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

My med school is P/F for clerkships!!!

bc_tch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
I just found out today that they actually don't give out grades for clerkship at all..only some formal evaluations and then a letter from the preceptor. Will I totally be at a disadvantage if I'm trying to match to a real competitive residency?? OMG my school is pass/fail for all 4 years...:(

About the Ads

MastaP

15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2004
While having all P/F grades is nice in decreasing competition, it makes distinguishing students in the same institution more difficult. When you apply for residency you will look like most other students in your class. Most students will get good written evaluations. This is great if you go to a medical school with a strong reputation and strong graduates, since you are all seen as top-notch applicants. Not so great if your school isn't as strong.

bc_tch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
Do you have any suggestions as to how I can stand out from the crowd if my clerkship gradings are all strictly P/F?? or is there anything that I can still do. Will scheduling an off-site elective at another med school help? I'm actually hoping to get into a real competitive specialty like dermatology. I'm not usually a gunner type but i will be if i have to...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.