My NAPLEX experience....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i am lost

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted to share my experience.... still waiting for the my results. I took the exam on Friday and left utterly defeated during and after the exam. I felt like it was my best guess .... even simple questions I knew I got wrong. Math... I heard was a big portion.. and I had no idea how to do it or start it. I did all Rxprep calculations but the questions were more detailed than that. I did not touch the 120 SDN questions (wish i did it). The select all that applies questions.. really threw me off... I only knew a few for sure but I wasn't sure about the rest. Needless to say.. I'm sure I failed and had this feeling before and I failed the exam during pharmacy school. Please share your experience if you're in the same boat as I am... this feeling absolutely sucks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone I know felt like they failed the Naplex after taking it. I took the exam 2 weeks ago and felt terrible. During the exam I had a running tally of how many questions I was pretty sure was correct and ended up with about 60 questions. I felt like crap during the test, but I knew that there was no point in dwelling. I've heard that most people that fail didn't finish the exam. Chances are that you did better than you thought you did!

Everyone I know felt like they failed the Naplex after taking it. I took the exam 2 weeks ago and felt terrible. During the exam I had a running tally of how many questions I was pretty sure was correct and ended up with about 60 questions. I felt like crap during the test, but I knew that there was no point in dwelling. I've heard that most people that fail didn't finish the exam. Chances are that you did better than you thought you did!

Thanks... its only human nature to dwell on this exam. Woke up and immediately checked my scores and sure enough.... with the grace of God, I passed. Thanks for the kind words RainNshine and best wishes in your career. Now onto the MPJE...

Also, I was always an average student meanwhile my student mates were more proficient in their studies. I just want to give hope to those about to take NAPLEX and in the future to study hard because in the end.... the NAPLEX will find your weakness and you'll feel the same way I did. Dwell, mope, cry... maybe a drink or two to help with the anxiety of waiting for your scores. This is not the end but only the beginning!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't really answer your question since I didn't do the calculations in rxprep quiz bank. But past posts from others that have taken it said it was sufficient. I practiced questions from the SDN 120 pdf and used questions provided by a Naplex prep course at our university. The math questions I had were very simple questions (flowrates, mEqs, mOsms). If you are able to calculate those types of questions fast I think you will be ready.

anyone looking for a study buddy / partner for CPJE located in SoCal? i'm in korea town of los angeles and please let me know if you are interested!! I GOT ALL RXPREP AND PASSNAPLEXNOW 2015 REVIEW MATERIALS :hello:!!!

just wanted to share my experience.... still waiting for the my results. I took the exam on Friday and left utterly defeated during and after the exam. I felt like it was my best guess .... even simple questions I knew I got wrong. Math... I heard was a big portion.. and I had no idea how to do it or start it. I did all Rxprep calculations but the questions were more detailed than that. I did not touch the 120 SDN questions (wish i did it). The select all that applies questions.. really threw me off... I only knew a few for sure but I wasn't sure about the rest. Needless to say.. I'm sure I failed and had this feeling before and I failed the exam during pharmacy school. Please share your experience if you're in the same boat as I am... this feeling absolutely sucks
My exam is in a week and i am absolutely scared! I still have like a quarter of the rxprep book to go through.. i've done the test bank along as i read the chapters but i am starting to lose hope..

My exam is in a week and i am absolutely scared! I still have like a quarter of the rxprep book to go through.. i've done the test bank along as i read the chapters but i am starting to lose hope..

I absolutely can relate! Don't give up! I studied a lot more during the last week before the exam. Someone I met about a month ago said they only read about 1/3 of Rxprep and managed to get a 103. Even if you didn't finish all the chapters, just make sure you know the others well and also make sure you can do calculations without any problems. The exam uses a lot of brand names. Brand names for HIV/hepatitis/etc are a good idea to review. Also, I recommend not studying at all the day before the exam. I failed to do that, and I couldn't sleep at all the night before. But it sounds like you've been preparing well if you've read most of the book and have been using the test bank. I'm sure you'll do well. Good luck!

My math is very weak and I did all rxprep math questions till I knew how to do each one.... but the actual NAPLEX was much harder so I recommend doing the 120 SDN questions (a lil overkill but good practice). The rxprep math is basic and there were basic calculation problems throughout the test. In regards to the quiz bank in rxprep... do it... it helps the material stick better in my opinion. Keep grinding... wake up, study, take a few minutes break and repeat. Feel free to ask any questions!