2022 NAPLEX - My Own Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BC_89

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is official - I have passed my NAPLEX.

***Now buckle up....This is going to be a long post***

Since this year is going to be a bit of an uptick, I thought I would at least give the details of my journey from graduation to application as well as time stamps (certifying my transcripts, board of pharmacy giving me permission to test, study material, pre-NAPLEX vs NAPLEX, NAPLEX question topics and the testing center, so on & so forth).

Graduation: May 21st, 2022.
During this time, I had secured a residency 2,000 miles away near my hometown. Up to this point, I had merely filled out as much information as I could on the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) website under my e-portal credentials. In the off chance that you haven't (as some of my cohorts didnt know), this is the location that validates your licensure status as a technician, intern, and pharmacist.

In preparation for my registration to take the NAPLEX, I had informed my school to send to the Board of Pharmacy my hours for a speedy verification (Keep in mind, each state requires different amounts of minimum intern hours...do not be that person that lacks the hours and find yourself in a hard-place. APPEs typically satisfy this requirement but always double check). This letter from the Dean was sent out right after the graduation date.

Application to take the NAPLEX: May 23rd - June 8th 2022.
The following Monday after graduation, I went on my NABP portal, and applied to sit for the NAPLEX. Part of this requirement is to have the school send off your official transcripts. I waited until Monday when my student portal reflected my final transcript. I then in turn directly sent my transcripts via email from School to NABP. I did not need to send my transcripts directly to the Board of Pharmacy. Double check with your state to see if they have extra-requirements with your graduation status. NABP informed me of my official transcripts being received (and verified) by June 1st. 7 days later, I received my authorization to test (ATT) and quickly scheduled an available date to sit for the exam. This can be done through NABP. At the time, only one available slot was open for July 7th and the rest were backed up until August. I looked through 4 states in order to find this slot so always be on the lookout to see which dates show up (grads cancel and re-schedule all the time).

Preparation for the NAPLEX:
On July 26th 2021, I had available the 2022 - RxPrep Booklet + Online Courses + Test Banks. Honestly though, I rarely touched the material as it was during my APPEs and between the journal clubs, topic discussions, and just the everyday in/outs of each 6-week rotation, I was already pretty burnt out. However, it was because of my topic discussions and rotation experiences that I was still able to solidify & better understand specific guidelines and drug profiles that I felt were important foundations for some of my studies (so...in essence, I wasn't really using RxPrep but maybe every other week for an hour or so).

Now, during the crisis of applying for residency, I happened to have an "off block" my program builds in during our APPEs that is meant for the sole purpose of staying home and studying. Mine happened to have started right after a 2-week Christmas break and during the heat of residency interviews. So, I did dedicate about 6-8 hours per day Monday through Saturday during my off block. I decided to mainly study topics I thought would be brought up during my residency interviews (applied to 15, interviewed for 10). So, during this time, I dedicated myself to the following:

1) Infectious Disease
2) Cardiovascular Conditions: dyslipidemia, hypertension, IHS/CHF/ACS/Stroke, Arrythmias
3) Anticoagulation
4) Endocrine Conditions: Diabetes & Thyroid Disorders
5) Calculations

All I did was focus on these topics as I figured the majority of my interviews would be catered to these. Sure enough, nearly all of my patient case interviews consisted some of these topics on some level. My suggestion? Treat your topic discussions as quick go-to study guides while on rotations. Try to put some effort in your topics...They'll ease the burden of cram studying near the end of school. Topic discussion on CAP/HAP? put it in a front/back document and carry it with you during your rotations and make adjustments as you progress. Also, calculations, calculations, calculations (did I mention calculations?)

The time between graduation and my PGY-1 was 3 weeks. From this point, my study timeline was as follows:

1) Study from 08:00 - 12:00
2) Grab some food and binge-watch short random clips on youtube for about 30 - 45 minutes
3) Study again ~ 12:45 - 17:00
4) Go work out for 1 - 1.5 hours
5) Study again ~ 21:00 - 23:00

I did quick passes on smaller topics (Alzheimer's, Bipolar) and did calculations every single day.... not just calculations in the calculations section of RxPrep, but also diabetes (insulin to carb ratio / correction factor), pharmacokinetics, & biostatistics. Yes, I did calculations in the morning, and ended my day with calculations. Also, do calculations....

Lastly, I made myself a goal to master what I called 2 of the 3 gunner disease states. I would essentially "ignore" one huge topic (light reading and quick mnemonics) and make up for it by mastering 2 other meaty topics. Here was my 3 gunners:

1) Infectious Disease (4 chapters of learning bugs while feeling sick)
2) Oncology ( 2 chapters of learning a brand new language)
3) HIV (notice it is part of Infectious Disease....)

So... I decided to give oncology two half-days (Chemo-Man) and left it alone. I made infectious disease (double scoop of HIV) and calculations as a daily part of my regimen. By this point, I felt good with cardiovascular "anything" / anticoag / diabetes / asthma-COPD. So again...light skim on small topics, and back to ID/HIV/calculations. Did I mention calculations?

At this point, my PGY-1 started, and my study time was cut-down to about 3 - 4 hours a day. So, I decided to refresh on immunization protocols per CDC guidelines, common drug interactions (CYP-3A4 inducers / inhibitors, etc) and compounding (I worked as an IV tech/compounded prior to school).

NAPLEX DAY: July 7th 2022
225 questions & 6 hours to do it. I checked in (Pearson VUE organizes it). The testing area could fit ~ 20 people (all with different tests from teaching certs, engineers, nursing, etc). I checked my phone into an assigned locker, used two identifiers that reflected my first, middle, and last name with no variation (driver's license, debit card with signature). My picture was taken, the right palm of my hand was scanned, and I was told to empty my pockets, turn around, and eventually led to my computer with my driver's license and a 'key' to my locker (you get two separate 10-minute breaks that are random. The key is to get access to your snacks/water bottle if you brought any).

When you take the NAPLEX, you will be given an option to go through an introductory overview of your exam. This is about 10 minutes and does not take away from your actual time. At this point, you will learn (if you did not know at this point) that you'll be given access to a calculator (in person and on the computer) and a formula sheet that you can upload at your convenience. This formula sheet consists of CBC/BMP/LABS with ranges. So, do not memorize them. You'll also be given certain equations such as how to calculate Corrected Calcium, Phenytoin/Valproic Acid, and BSA. Key takeaway here is this: You will not be given units with the BSA equation. Also, certain questions I received provided a BSA regardless. So, keep that in mind as well.

What Questions Did I Get On the NAPLEX?

Calculations:

Remember this? I will stress this again - if you cannot master calculations, you will fail the NAPLEX. The majority of my calculations consisted of TPNs, mEQ/Osmol, and pharmacokinetics. It will be very important to be able to pull the information from a patient case without reading the whole patient case. With calculations, you must be able to find the information and really read what is being asked (look at dates and times if a patient is seen over a few days as a prime example). I had 3 - 4 questions on biostatistics. For biostatistics, be able to solve as well as interpret your result. For example, you might be able to solve the # for relative risk, but what does that mean? Also, calculations for insulins. I received roughly 4 - 5 questions on this topic. The takeaway, calculations will be waiting for you.

Oncology:
Some of my cohorts stated they received very little oncology but a lot of Infectious Disease. Well, I rolled the dice and accepted my risk. I had ~ 15 to 20 related questions on oncology. Guess what? I had no idea what to do on any of them. You know what I did? I gave each one a 10 second glance, clicked a response, and moved on with my life. If you don't know it, click it and move on. I am fairly certain I missed every single question. However, keep in mind, 25 questions are experimental, and I decided to make up for it in other topics.

HIV:
Interestingly, I had ~ 10 related questions on HIV. I also noticed two very similar questions at the beginning and end of my exam. I was surprised in the number but was able to logically think things through. For HIV, memorize the generic components of each brand name. Memorize no more than 2 key take aways to each generic component. For example, Drug A causes pigmentations in the palms and known for lactic acidosis. That's it. Pick two main take-aways and move on for each med during your studies.

Infectious Disease:
A bit disappointed. Only ~ 5 to 6 directly related to ID. Arguably, you would need to know some level of ID to answer other topics on the exam outside the scope of ID (think interactions and ADRs brought on by patient factors and other meds). In general, focus on Chapter 1 of RxPrep, and familiarize yourself with CAP/HAP and opportunistic infections (CD4 count and CD4 cut-offs). Fun fact, I had a "fill in the blank" for an ID question not related to calculations...Didn't see that coming (but was very familiar with all phases of ID going into this exam).

Cardiovascular Conditions:
I feel this is the bread and butter of pharmacy. You'll see patients and cases nearly every single day that deals with HTN management, Dyslipidemia, CHF, Arrythmias, so on and so forth. I was well rehearsed in this category but still felt I needed to focus on patient factors that seem to be drawn to specific meds (think ADRs, Lab Monitoring).

Anticoagulation:
Yes. It exists and will come in different forms. Know bridging, CHADSVASc, monitoring parameters, as well as therapeutic & prophylaxis dosing.

Miscellaneous
:
Every topic in RxPrep was tested at least once directly or indirectly. Immunizations & compounding a bit more than others, and a strange focus on schizophrenia, quality improvement, and a couple of antidepressant regimens. Admittingly, there was quite a few straightforward questions I should have known that didn't come back to me until later in the day. It happens.

What was your Question Format?
All but perhaps 2 calculation questions were "fill in the blank" as expected. I received 4 "hot spot" questions, and a good mixture of Select All That Apply as well as Single-Choice Multiple Choice. For every select all that apply question, I felt like garbage. I was fairly certain I missed a majority of them and there was a lot on the exam.

How Did it Compare to the Pre-NAPLEX?
As far as presentation, exactly the same. It will also give you a short overview of what to expect with a formula sheet. The Pre-NAPLEX was 100 questions and immediately gave you your score after submission. Take the Pre-NAPLEX to see the provided formula sheet as well as getting exposure to the exact set-up. As far as questions are concerned, the main topics I received on Pre-NAPLEX did not show up on my NAPLEX. Since your actual NAPLEX does not give you a score (if you pass), its difficult for me to compare my Pre-NAPLEX score to my NAPLEX experience. Albeit it would've indicated I was on track, I don't feel my Pre-NAPLEX was truly reflective of my overall performance since I had different struggles and strengths between both exams.

How Does RxPrep Questions Compare to NAPLEX?
Difficulty of calculations were spot on with the caveat of NAPLEX being under a more stressed, timed environment. All other questions on RxPrep were notoriously harder than many questions on the NAPLEX. Starting out in 2021, I was getting ~ 55 to 65% ranges on RxPrep test banks. Near the end and closer to my NAPLEX date, my goal for the majority of the test banks was 75 to 80% as shown below:

** Gray = first test-score of the topic of choice
** Light purple = last test-score of the topic of choice
** Dark purple = national average test-score of the topic of choice:

1657953405474.png

How Long Did It Take to Get Your Results?
7 days
. Exactly one week (Thursday to Thursday). I had my results posted ~ 08:00 central time.

Overall Advice?
Read the question before you even look at the patient case.
Of all the cases, I reviewed in its entirety 2 or 3. The others? I either didn't need the patient case or I needed to look in one or two places quickly (labs and age, or date and drugs). RxPrep was more than enough. I attribute most of my basic knowledge from staying awake in class, being proactive during my APPEs, and taking a deep 3-week dive of studying between graduation and the start of my residency.

I hope this somewhat serves its purpose in better understanding what to expect as well as the process from start to finish. I will not give advice on MPJE other than to say that you need to read straight out of the laws and regulations verbatim (as I have done).

All the best.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Since this year is going to be a bit of an uptick, I thought I would at least give the details of my journey from graduation to application as well as time stamps (certifying my transcripts, board of pharmacy giving me permission to test, study material, pre-NAPLEX vs NAPLEX, NAPLEX question topics and the testing center, so on & so forth).

During this time, I had secured a residency 2,000 miles away near my hometown. Up to this point, I had merely filled out as much information as I could on the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) website under my e-portal credentials. In the off chance that you haven't (as some of my cohorts didnt know), this is the location that validates your licensure status as a technician, intern, and pharmacist.

In preparation for my registration to take the NAPLEX, I had informed my school to send to the Board of Pharmacy my hours for a speedy verification (Keep in mind, each state requires different amounts of minimum intern hours...do not be that person that lacks the hours and find yourself in a hard-place. APPEs typically satisfy this requirement but always double check). This letter from the Dean was sent out right after the graduation date.

The following Monday after graduation, I went on my NABP portal, and applied to sit for the NAPLEX. Part of this requirement is to have the school send off your official transcripts. I waited until Monday when my student portal reflected my final transcript. I then in turn directly sent my transcripts via email from School to NABP. I did not need to send my transcripts directly to the Board of Pharmacy. Double check with your state to see if they have extra-requirements with your graduation status. NABP informed me of my official transcripts being received (and verified) by June 1st. 7 days later, I received my authorization to test (ATT) and quickly scheduled an available date to sit for the exam. This can be done through NABP. At the time, only one available slot was open for July 7th and the rest were backed up until August. I looked through 4 states in order to find this slot so always be on the lookout to see which dates show up (grads cancel and re-schedule all the time).

On July 26th 2021, I had available the 2022 - RxPrep Booklet + Online Courses + Test Banks. Honestly though, I rarely touched the material as it was during my APPEs and between the journal clubs, topic discussions, and just the ever day in/outs of each 6-week rotation, I was already pretty burnt out. However, it was because of my topic discussions and rotation experiences that I was still able to solidify & better understand specific guidelines and drug profiles that I felt were important foundations for some of my studies (so...in essence, I wasn't really using RxPrep but maybe every other week for an hour or so).

Now, during the crisis of applying for residency, I happened to have an "off block" my program builds in during our APPEs that is meant for the sole purpose of staying home and studying. Mine happened to have started right after a 2-week Christmas break and during the heat of residency interviews. So, I did dedicate about 6-8 hours per day Monday through Saturday during my off block. I decided to mainly study topics I thought would be brought up during my residency interviews (applied to 15, interviewed for 10). So, during this time, I dedicated myself to the following:

1) Infectious Disease
2) Cardiovascular Conditions: dyslipidemia, hypertension, IHS/CHF/ACS/Stroke, Arrythmias
3) Anticoagulation
5) Calculations

All I did was focus on these topics as I figured the majority of my interviews would be catered to these. Sure enough, nearly all of my patient case interviews consisted some of these topics on some level. My suggestion? Treat your topic discussions as quick go-to study guides while on rotations. Try to put some effort in your topics...They'll ease the burden of cram studying near the end of school. Topic discussion on CAP/HAP? put it in a front/back document and carry it with you during your rotations and make adjustments as you progress. Also, calculations, calculations, calculations (did I mention calculations?)

The time between graduation and my PGY-1 was 3 weeks. From this point, my study timeline was as follows:

2) Grab some food and binge-watch short random clips on youtube for about 30 - 45 minutes

I did quick passes on smaller topics (Alzheimer's, Bipolar) and did calculations every single day.... not just calculations in the calculations section of RxPrep, but also diabetes (insulin to carb ratio / correction factor), pharmacokinetics, & biostatistics. Yes, I did calculations in the morning, and ended my day with calculations. Also, do calculations....

Lastly, I made myself a goal to master what I called 2 of the 3 gunner disease states. I would essentially "ignore" one huge topic (light reading and quick mnemonics) and make up for it by mastering 2 other meaty topics. Here was my 3 gunners:

So... I decided to give oncology two half-days (Chemo-Man) and left it alone. I made infectious disease (double scoop of HIV) and calculations as a daily part of my regimen. By this point, I felt good with cardiovascular "anything" / anticoag / diabetes / asthma-COPD. So again...light skim on small topics, and back to ID/HIV/calculations. Did I mention Calculations?

At this point, my PGY-1 started, and my study time was cut-down to about 3 - 4 hours a day. So, I decided to refresh on immunization protocols per CDC guidelines, common drug interactions (CYP 3A4 inducers / inhibitors, etc) and compounding (I worked as an IV tech/compounded prior to school).

225 questions & 6 hours to do it. I checked in (Pearson VUE organizes it). The testing area could fit ~ 20 people (all with different tests from teaching certs, engineers, nursing, etc). I checked my phone into an assigned locker, used two identifiers that reflected my first, middle, and last name with no variation (driver's license, debit card with signature). My picture was taken, the right palm of my hand was scanned, and I was told to empty my pockets, turn around, and eventually led to my computer with my driver's license and a 'key' to my locker (you get two separate 10-minute breaks that are random. The key is to get access to your snacks/water bottle if you brought any).

When you take the NAPLEX, you will be given an option to go through an introductory overview of your exam. This is about 10 minutes and does not take away from your actual time. At this point, you will learn (if you did not know at this point) that you'll be given access to a calculator (in person and on the computer) and a formula sheet that you can upload at your convenience. This formula sheet consists of CBC/BMP/LABS with ranges. So, do not memorize them. You'll also be given certain equations such as how to calculate Corrected Calcium, Phenytoin/Valproic Acid, and BSA. Key takeaway here is this: You will not be given units with the BSA equation so keep this in mind. Also, certain questions I received provided a BSA regardless. So, keep that in mind as well.

Calculations:

Remember this? I will stress this again - if you cannot master calculations, you will fail the NAPLEX. The majority of my calculations consisted of TPNs, mEQ/Osmol, and pharmacokinetics. It will be very important to be able to pull the information from a patient case without reading the whole patient case. With calculations, you must be able to find the information and really read what is being asked (look at dates and times if a patient is seen over a few days as a prime example). I had 3 - 4 questions on biostatistics. For biostatistics, be able to solve as well as interpret your result. For example, you might be able to solve the # for relative risk, but what does that mean? Also, calculations for insulins. I received roughly 4 - 5 questions on this topic. The takeaway, calculations will be waiting for you.

Oncology:
Some of my cohorts stated they received very little oncology but a lot of Infectious Disease. Well, I rolled the dice and accepted my risk. I had ~ 15 to 20 related questions on oncology. Guess what? I had no idea what to do on any of them. You know what I did? I gave each one a 10 second glance, clicked a response, a moved on with my life. If you don't know it, click it and move on. I am fairly certain I missed every single question. However, keep in mind, 25 questions are experimental, and I decided to make up for it in other topics.

HIV:
Interestingly, I had ~ 10 related questions on HIV. I also noticed two very similar questions at the beginning and end of my exam. I was surprised in the number but was able to logically think things through. For HIV, memorize the generic components of each brand name. Memorize no more than 2 key take aways to each generic component. For example, Drug A causes pigmentations in the palms and known for lactic acidosis. That's it. Pick two main take-aways and move on for each med during your studies.

Infectious Disease:
A bit disappointed. Only ~ 5 to 6 directly related to ID. Arguably, you would need to know some level of ID to answer other topics on the exam outside the scope of ID (think interactions and ADRs brought on by patient factors and other meds). In general, focus on Chapter 1 of RxPrep, and familiarize yourself with CAP/HAP and opportunistic infections (CD4 count and CD4 cut-offs). Fun fact, I had a "fill in the blank" for an ID question not related to calculations...Didn't see that coming (but was very familiar with all phases of ID going into this exam).

I feel this is the bread and butter of pharmacy. You'll see patients and cases nearly every single day that deals with HTN management, Dyslipidemia, CHF, Arrythmias, so on and so forth. I was well rehearsed in this category but still felt I needed to focus on patient factors that seem to be drawn to specific meds (think ADRs, Lab Monitoring).

Anticoagulation:
Yes. It exists and will come in different forms. Know bridging, CHADSVASc, monitoring parameters, as well as therapeutic & prophylaxis dosing.

Miscellaneous
:
Every topic in RxPrep was tested at least once directly or indirectly. Immunizations & compounding a bit more than others, and a strange focus on Schizophrenia, quality improvement, and a couple of antidepressant regimens. Admittingly, there was quite a few straightforward questions I should have known that didn't come back to me until later in the day. It happens.

All but perhaps 2 calculation questions were "fill in the blank" as expected. I received 4 "Hot Spot" questions, and a good mixture of Select All That Apply as well as Single-Choice Multiple Choice. For every select all that apply question, I felt like garbage. I was fairly certain I missed a majority of them and there was a lot on the exam.

As far as presentation, exactly the same. It will also give you a short overview of what to expect with a formula sheet. The Pre-NAPLEX was 100 questions and immediately gave you your score after submission. Take the Pre-NAPLEX to see the provided formula sheet as well as getting exposure to the exact set-up. As far as questions are concerned, the main topics I received on Pre-NAPLEX did not show up on my NAPLEX. Since your actual NAPLEX does not give you a score (if you pass), its difficult for me to compare my Pre-NAPLEX score to my NAPLEX experience. Albeit it would've indicated I was on track, I don't feel my Pre-NAPLEX was truly reflective of my overall performance since I had different struggles and strengths between both exams.

Difficulty of calculations were spot on with the caveat of NAPLEX being under a more stressed, timed environment. All other questions on RxPrep were notoriously harder than many questions on the NAPLEX. Starting out in 2021, I was getting ~ 55 to 65% ranges on RxPrep test banks. Near the end and closer to my NAPLEX date, my goal for the majority of the test banks was 75 to 80% as shown below:

View attachment 357265

7 days
. Exactly one week (Thursday to Thursday). I had my results posted ~ 08:00 central time.

Overall Advice?
Of all the cases, I reviewed in its entirety 2 or 3. The others? I either didn't need the patient case or I needed to look in one or two places quickly (labs and age, or date and drugs). RxPrep was more than enough. I attribute most of my basic knowledge from staying awake in class, being proactive during my APPEs, and taking a deep 3-week dive of studying between graduation and the start of my residency.

I hope this somewhat serves its purpose in better understanding what to expect as well as the process from start to finish. I will not give advice on MPJE other than to say that you need to read straight out of the laws and regulations verbatim (as I have done).

All the best.

Hi, for the calculations on the NAPLEX did you Only use the RxPrep 2022 book and course?

My exam is beginning of December 2022, and I want to make sure.

Were there any other resources you used for the calculations for the Naplex?

On July 26th 2021, I had available the 2022 - RxPrep Booklet + Online Courses + Test Banks. Honestly though, I rarely touched the material as it was during my APPEs and between the journal clubs, topic discussions, and just the ever day in/outs of each 6-week rotation, I was already pretty burnt out. However, it was because of my topic discussions and rotation experiences that I was still able to solidify & better understand specific guidelines and drug profiles that I felt were important foundations for some of my studies (so...in essence, I wasn't really using RxPrep but maybe every other week for an hour or so).

1) Infectious Disease
3) Anticoagulation
5) Calculations

So... I decided to give oncology two half-days (Chemo-Man) and left it alone. I made infectious disease (double scoop of HIV) and calculations as a daily part of my regimen. By this point, I felt good with cardiovascular "anything" / anticoag / diabetes / asthma-COPD. So again...light skim on small topics, and back to ID/HIV/calculations. Did I mention Calculations?

At this point, my PGY-1 started, and my study time was cut-down to about 3 - 4 hours a day. So, I decided to refresh on immunization protocols per CDC guidelines, common drug interactions (CYP 3A4 inducers / inhibitors, etc) and compounding (I worked as an IV tech/compounded prior to school).

When you take the NAPLEX, you will be given an option to go through an introductory overview of your exam. This is about 10 minutes and does not take away from your actual time. At this point, you will learn (if you did not know at this point) that you'll be given access to a calculator (in person and on the computer) and a formula sheet that you can upload at your convenience. This formula sheet consists of CBC/BMP/LABS with ranges. So, do not memorize them. You'll also be given certain equations such as how to calculate Corrected Calcium, Phenytoin/Valproic Acid, and BSA. Key takeaway here is this: You will not be given units with the BSA equation so keep this in mind. Also, certain questions I received provided a BSA regardless. So, keep that in mind as well.

Calculations:

Oncology:
Some of my cohorts stated they received very little oncology but a lot of Infectious Disease. Well, I rolled the dice and accepted my risk. I had ~ 15 to 20 related questions on oncology. Guess what? I had no idea what to do on any of them. You know what I did? I gave each one a 10 second glance, clicked a response, a moved on with my life. If you don't know it, click it and move on. I am fairly certain I missed every single question. However, keep in mind, 25 questions are experimental, and I decided to make up for it in other topics.

HIV:

Infectious Disease:

Anticoagulation:

Miscellaneous
:
Every topic in RxPrep was tested at least once directly or indirectly. Immunizations & compounding a bit more than others, and a strange focus on Schizophrenia, quality improvement, and a couple of antidepressant regimens. Admittingly, there was quite a few straightforward questions I should have known that didn't come back to me until later in the day. It happens.

All but perhaps 2 calculation questions were "fill in the blank" as expected. I received 4 "Hot Spot" questions, and a good mixture of Select All That Apply as well as Single-Choice Multiple Choice. For every select all that apply question, I felt like garbage. I was fairly certain I missed a majority of them and there was a lot on the exam.

View attachment 357265

7 days

Overall Advice?

All the best.
CONGRATULATIONS! Also a very complete, thorough synopsis of the whole process. Last time I took NAPLEX it was 1986, but enjoyed reading your thread.
This should be an FYI sticky thread.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, for the calculations on the NAPLEX did you Only use the RxPrep 2022 book and course?

My exam is beginning of December 2022, and I want to make sure.

Were there any other resources you used for the calculations for the Naplex?

I only used RxPrep book + test banks. I did have a calculation booklet that APhA provides, but I never touched it.

After taking the NAPLEX, I did look at the SDN Calculations 120 Questions to see how it would’ve compared, and I’ll definitely say that it would’ve been a great resource for additional practice problems after going through RxPrep.