My new job

Started by DrRae
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrRae

DrRae
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ooh, I just had to tell someone about my new job. Since I am aiming for exotic/wildlife med, I took a volunteer job with a wildlife sanctuary 2 hours from my home (the closest one 🙁 Anyhow I am LOVING it! I spent all day 3 feet away from bears, cougars, bobcats, lynx etc.. I held a sidewinder, played with a few baby bear cubs, played with a lynx and cleaned a million cages. Also since not many other volunteers are greatly in love with reptiles or have vet experience, I was given the medical ward. There are several large pythons and a few baby animals. Anyhow I'm having alot of fun, and learned alot about large mammals just in one day 🙂 Anyhow TTYS
DrRae
 
Wow... that's a long way to commute, but it sounds like a great experience. 🙂