Feb 2, 2016
Status
DPT / OTD
I have a 3.58 gpa
3.4 pre req
and my gre is a 289

whats schools should i look at i really don't care for the distance i just want to attend pt school

PathforwardtoDPT

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
What's your writing score?Any observation hours? Experiences? What kind of references are you getting and what quality will they be?

With just those stats, it would be very difficult to give you any real answers. Going off of what you have alone, I'd say your chances are below average at best. Many schools require a minimum of 150 for verbal and quantitative and at least a 4 for writing. I suggest doing some more research on different schools through the list of accredited DPT programs on PTCAS.

tonydo93

2+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I have a 3.58 gpa
3.4 pre req
and my gre is a 289

whats schools should i look at i really don't care for the distance i just want to attend pt school
Based purely off of stats, I would agree with the above post and say your chances are below average. A lot of schools require you to have at least a combined 300 (150 on both sections), but on the other hand there are plenty that don't. I would find those schools that don't have that requirement; or have one that is lower. I personally scored a 298, but my GPA counteracts the bad GRE cause it is really high.

In your case, since your GPA is at or below average for a lot of places I would do the best you can to get your GRE score up (if time permits), otherwise really do well on the essays and get great LORs. Apply to A LOT of schools, and keep your fingers crossed since you said you don't really care for the distance.

DPThopeful1859

2+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I would recommend taking the GRE again and possibly trying to score at least a 297 or above. Your GPA and pre-req look average, but you need to be able to stand out with your essay and LORs. What about your experience? What colleges are you considering? You need to take the time and look into what schools would benefit you most based on GPA, pre-req GPA and GRE