My Pre-med choices

irondoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well from what I know, your chances of getting into medical school won't really be affected by the undergrad you choose out of the two you mentioned. However, if you think you can get a higher GPA in the Bio program than I would suggest that.

Edit: When you receive your science degree I'm pretty sure you can still chose to [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]do a special master's program in biomedical engineering (BME) and apply to medical school as well, so if you don't make it into medical school you can follow through on the BME program.

Last edited:
My advice would be to go to the college which you think you will enjoy more. As a high school student, I would not choose a college based solely on its ability to get you into medical school after graduating from it because it is possible if not likely that your desires will change in four years. I started off college at a federal military academy studying marine engineering; I attended this school due to its prestige among other things. However, I was not really happy there and wasn't enjoying myself so my GPA and overall attitude suffered. Once I decided to resign my appointment and transfer to a state school to major in biomedical engineering with the intent on going to medical school, my GPA jumped from like a 3.0 to a 3.9 because I really enjoyed what I was doing. I was set on going to medical school until my senior year when I got involved in a research project at the beginning and fell in love with the research. I am currently a PhD student continuing the research project and may go to medical school after. The point of the story is that from the time I graduated high school to the time that I graduated college, my desire to go to medical school changed several times. Furthermore, when I was at a school that I attended largely for the prestige, I was not happy and my GPA suffered. Therefore, I advise you to choose the school at which you think you will be the most comfortable and where you think that you will receive the best well-rounded science education because everything else will fall into line after that.