My Predicament

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vikings23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just looking for a little advice/encouragement. I've been accepted into School A and am currently the #1 alternate at School B. School B is my top school and I have been the #1 alternate for three weeks now. I was hoping that I would be offered a position to School B by now, but have not. I don't know how long to wait it out for School B before I should start looking for places to live around School A, if nothing happens with School B. I'm trying to stay patient, but I'm losing my mind a little bit! Anybody been in this situation before?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't been in this situation but you should start looking for places to live now. You can't assume school B will accept you. You should assume you will be attending school A even thought it's not your preferred school.

I agree with NewTestament. If School B comes through, that's great and you can send a quick email to School A to let them know you've changed your mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with above...

If school B is a popular choice for students, no alternates are getting in. In the end a PT is a PT is a PT when you graduate. Doesn't matter where you studied, so long as you pass the boards. Your real schooling starts when you take your first job.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in a similar predicament only I'm debating if it is worth going to a ridiculously expensive school today ($45,690/year not including taxes, fees, cost of living) or is it better to wait a year and reapply to schools I know you can afford. I agree with warriorPT 100% as long as you're ok with cost of your program.

Thanks everyone for the advice! Another thing I forgot to mention is that School A just started their program last year and is not accredited yet. That's another reason why I'm hoping to get offered a position at School B. Still waiting though!