My Predicament

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by vikings23, 05.20.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. vikings23

vikings23

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Just looking for a little advice/encouragement. I've been accepted into School A and am currently the #1 alternate at School B. School B is my top school and I have been the #1 alternate for three weeks now. I was hoping that I would be offered a position to School B by now, but have not. I don't know how long to wait it out for School B before I should start looking for places to live around School A, if nothing happens with School B. I'm trying to stay patient, but I'm losing my mind a little bit! Anybody been in this situation before?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. NewTestament

NewTestament 5+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    I haven't been in this situation but you should start looking for places to live now. You can't assume school B will accept you. You should assume you will be attending school A even thought it's not your preferred school.

4. somehowmadeit

somehowmadeit 2+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    I agree with NewTestament. If School B comes through, that's great and you can send a quick email to School A to let them know you've changed your mind.

5. WarriorPT

WarriorPT UCLA, Fresno State, U. Rhode Island 2+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Agree with above...

If school B is a popular choice for students, no alternates are getting in. In the end a PT is a PT is a PT when you graduate. Doesn't matter where you studied, so long as you pass the boards. Your real schooling starts when you take your first job.

dalingil likes this.
  6. tb1065

tb1065 2+ Year Member

I'm in a similar predicament only I'm debating if it is worth going to a ridiculously expensive school today ($45,690/year not including taxes, fees, cost of living) or is it better to wait a year and reapply to schools I know you can afford. I agree with warriorPT 100% as long as you're ok with cost of your program.

7. vikings23

vikings23

Thanks everyone for the advice! Another thing I forgot to mention is that School A just started their program last year and is not accredited yet. That's another reason why I'm hoping to get offered a position at School B. Still waiting though!

About the ads