My Psychology Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BellStone

Angel Dispatch
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently a third year student in an online BA - Psychology program through Ashford University. I am concerned that I may not be able to find a Grad School that will accept my credits for transfer when I decide to continue my education toward a PsyD.

Is there anyone who knows one way or the other if my credits will transfer?

Does anyone know of any Grad Schools that has in the past accepted an online Ashford BA - Psychology grad?

Thank You
Bell

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your university is accredited by the regional education board, then your classes/degree should be fine. As for transferring, none of your undergraduate credits will count towards graduate work.

Thank you for your reply. Do undergraduate credits ever count towards graduate work?

Bell

Members don't see this ad :)
It is POSSIBLE that an undergraduate course credit may help you WAIVE a requirement in a graduate program (i.e. if the syllabuses are an exact match) but you would still have to take the required number of credits (i.e. you wouldn't get credit, you would just get a course waived).

I have NEVER heard of undergraduate level course credit transferring into a graduate program - why would it? I'm not saying it's not possible, but you should assume you will have to take all of the courses required in a graduate program.

Thank you for your reply. I understand now!

Bell

Thank you for your reply! It's great to have clarification.

Bell

No. The breadth and depth of the information will be much different between undergraduate and graduate classes.

My grad program allows you to waive History and Systems if you have an undergrad degree in psych, but that's the only exception I've seen.