My rabbit can't control his pooping!

Started by CalH22a
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CalH22a

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I have a rabbit thats probably 4-5 years old. He's also neutered. Fairly frequently, he will have a large amount of wet fecal matter. I know rabbits should have some wet poo, which they eventually eat; but my rabbit produces way more than enough for him to eat. He makes a mess everywhere. Is this problamatic? What may be causing this? What can I do to help him? Thanks for the help!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sounds like he needs to be seen by your veterinarian. Isn't there a condition known in lay terms as 'wet tail' (may be another species)? I think it's bacterial infection causing diarrhea.

Not to sound like a troll, but this forum should be for school/career discussion, not 'free vet advice'. Just like on the other boards, no one here can see the rabbit to examine, diagnose, or treat--and you don't know who's really posting either.


CalH22a said:
I'm feeding him western timothy hay and these dry pellets for rabbits. His cage is pretty big, probably 3x3x3
 
SoCo, I agree with you. No one would consider it appropriate to go to one of the med student forums and ask for medical advice. We're not vets here. Some are vet students but most of us have only taken a couple of chemistry classes! That hardly qualifies us to make diagnoses of any kind, much less over the Internet.