What are my chances? Am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello gamers, I applied to the CSU vet school as a 2031 hopeful. I'd really like to become an equine orthopedic surgeon. I decided to apply a little late so I am looking for a little reassurance, friends. I got my VMCAS submitted last Thursday (9/10) along with my letters of recommendation from my old mentors at Penn State. In my undergraduate studies I got a 3.69 GPA in Agricultural Science starting at the Wilkes-Barre campus and transferring University Park my junior year, but I also get Ag Science is not a traditional pre-vet program. I also participated in a variety of field research projects while there working around large animals during the summers. However I grew up on a farm (I miss my dear heifer, Lucia, so greatly) working with my aunt who is a vet and doing all sorts of work with animals. I feel like I highlighted this really well in my personal statement. Thanks y'all.

#WeAre #GoRams
 
hi, i’m a penn state alum who currently attends CSU.

what does your last 45 and science look like? who wrote your LOR? what clubs did you participate in? how many hours of experience do you have?

CSU is a very holistic school and does not consider GPA when deciding who to accept. they look for a well-rounded applicant with solid hours, and unique experiences.

did you ONLY apply to CSU?