My school offers no dermatology research

Started by Prime2000
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Prime2000

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My school offers no research in dermatology. I'm pretty much out of options at my home school. What else can I do to find dermatology research when my home school is offering nothing?
 
Not an uncommon problem... not the easiest of answers... I would recommend trying to team up with someone doing research related to derm in a related field (like the other ones listed in that thread in this forum). Not only could working with a closely related field help your derm resume, it would also expose you to something new that you might wind up liking as well... Other than that the best thing you could do is to do an away right off the bat 4th year to try to get involved in something at another institution. Obviously if you have contacts with derm programs outside of your institution those would be great avenues to pursue but I would imagine this is not the case...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The labs I am affiliated with are Biochemistry and Biophysics. The projects I have been, and still am, working on are Dermatology focused, e.g. cadherin members.

My point is that there are projects out there that may not be in a Derm lab but that are very much of Derm interest.