my scores are going down

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enamine

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
With every practice test that I take my scores are going down in every section. It seems that when I knew less information I was able to score higher. What is the problem? Has this happened to anyone else? I am getting kind of scared because there are only days to go!

Members don't see this ad.

Well.. physics keeps raping me up the butt every test.. so that's pretty consistent. But otherwise, biological sciences is pretty easy.. just gotta hunker down and memorize how to label some of those ochem reactions.. esterificiation sapofication.. etc etc, I hate those types of questions.

The only real inconsistency is verbal. Sometimes you're given passages where you play twiddlywinks with, whereas some you wish you could tell the AAMC to make sure they wear condoms before screwing with your score.

Originally posted by enamine
With every practice test that I take my scores are going down in every section. It seems that when I knew less information I was able to score higher. What is the problem? Has this happened to anyone else? I am getting kind of scared because there are only days to go!

Your score is probably falling because you are trying to answer many questions with outside knowledge. Also, due to the increase in your knowledge base, you may be reading too much into questions. Whenever you have to do very complex thinking to come up with your answer on the MCAT, you are probably picking the wrong answer.

Don't panic! Take a day off and take AAMC 3R if you haven't already takien it. It is a confidence booster. You are not going to learn much in the last week because you are nervous so what you need to work on is your confidence. Confidence alone can increase your score a point on each section.