My situation- please look, i appreciate all your help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrazyLikeAFox

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry if this is annoying for some, but I was wondering if you would not mind sharing your knowledge with me.

I have a 3.38 GPA and only took two science courses (one pass/fail, which I passed, and the other I got a B). I work for the American cancer society and speak directly to cancer patients about treatment options, support groups etc. I also have volunteered at a retirement home, and will be volunteering at a hospital pretty soon. These experiencing have affirmed and strengthened my desire to become a doctor.

My question: I am looking into post bacc programs, will attending one of these and doing well be enough to offset my gpa? Honestly, even if I do VERY well I can only hope for a 3.4-3.5. Is this enough for me to be accepted into a med school?

Thanks for looking and I appreciate your honesty and taking the time to look at this thread. I very much want to be a physician but I am worried I might not have the credentials.

Members don't see this ad.

step 1. postbac
step 2. apply to med school

a. get in. yay
b. don't get in, smp. reapply

It's likely you'll be able to raise your overall GPA much more than that if you work hard in a postbac.