My top 3 for next cycle... which one is the most difficult to get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which school would be the most difficult to get in?

• UConn

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • UPenn

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Columbia

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters

The Candidate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
... and why?

Do all take classes with med students in the 1st 2 years?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The Candidate said:
... and why?

thanks.
at UPenn you don't take classes with med students but you take classes with med students in your first and second years at Columbia and UConn

The Candidate said:
... and why?

thanks.

i'd say you would have an equal chance in all 3. you never know who would accept/reject you.

Members don't see this ad :)
UPenn most difficult.

I would say the other two would be a tie, very similar curriculums (with 2 yrs of medical school). UConn would slightly be more competitive than Columbia - due to it's smaller class size (40).

i think all 3 are good schools and competitive, but i chose uconn b/c it's a state school.

Columbia has the higher avg DAT scores, while PENN has the higher incoming cum/sci gpa's. CONN is in the middle on both but will rarely let in out-of-staters, making it most difficult for non-conn applicants. All 3 are great schools and you can't go wrong with either.

This is a diffucult question for any of us can answer. It is pretty unpredictable what school will accept or reject you.

I think he was just asking in general... the most difficult to get in, out of the 3?

Statistically, UConn probably the hardest if you’re not a state resident. It also has a small class

atlanta478 said:
Statistically, UConn probably the hardest if you’re not a state resident. It also has a small class

I agree, out of class of i think 40, 1/3 have to come from CT residents, 1/3 from northeast region, and 1/3 from rest of the wrold!

UConn dental students take med classes in addition to their own!

captaintripps said:
Probably why it's recognized as a top college in the Dental community.

According to the feedback and the poll.... all 3 schools are ~ equally tough to get in!

Hmmm... I would assume my stats (GPA: 3.4, Sci: 3.3 - DAT 21/20) will get me some interviews at least (I hope).

thanks everyone.

The Candidate said:
According to the feedback and the poll.... all 3 schools are ~ equally tough to get in!

Hmmm... I would assume my stats (GPA: 3.4, Sci: 3.3 - DAT 21/20) will get me some interviews at least (I hope).

thanks everyone.
try to raise your GPA (3.5 and above) before the next cycle... and you will be set. The schools you are interested will look at your science GPA very closely.

Good Luck