Step I My USMLE Schedule, Resources, Score, Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aceitdude1230

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. I'll try to keep this short and sweet. This network has helped me a lot so I thought I should give back some.

I used 2 full months to study.

When I first started, I literally thought I knew nothing so I wanted to start with a program that taught me how to look at a question and all high yield. I know we are supposed to know everything but I just wanted to know things that would definitely be on the exam. I considered DIT, Goljan, and Falcon and did try them all for about a day but no resource really helped me think about how to answer questions. I heard of the 10 day USMLE boot camp course with Varun so I took that first. The question answer format really helped me in that respect. You can access it on usmlebootcamp . selz . com if you want to check it out.

After doing that, I was able to get a strong background in all the high yield info so I was ready for the details. I read first aid one time around in about 10 days.

As I was doing usmle boot camp and first aid, I took some days off to do UWorld. I put all the info from the explanations that I thought was hard to remember in a flashcard. I made sure to do Uworld one time around but do it right. I also read first aid again. I spent the last 5 days going over what I learnt in USMLE boot camp.

Day of the exam:
I wrote all my formulas and polycythemias on a sheet of paper. When I got into the exam, I wrote what I could remember from the sheet. During my breaks, I would look back at the sheet and come back in to write down more formulas and stuff since I never erased anything on the dry erase boards we're given. That helped a ton. Overall, the exam was definitely hard but having seen similar questions/explanations on uworld and doing those flashcards over and over, I was fairly comfortable.

Score and Overall:
Now I'm not comfortable saying my exact score but I can say it was 250+ and I am extremely happy I stuck with 3 great resources (boot camp, uworld, first aid) that were all succint (10 days for boot camp, 20 days to read first aid twice over, 30 days to complete uworld 2-3 question sets a day).