You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
myEMCert vs Concert
Started by Groove
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They have a site to check what you, specifically, have to do…
www.abem.org
If you are up in 2023 it says:
“What you need to do and when:
2019 - 2023:
2014 - 2018:
ABEM | Stay Certified
ABEM’s Emergency Medicine Continuing Certification Process Starting in 2021, all new and renewing EM ABEM-certified physicians were moved to a 5-year certification cycle and annual fee. This structure allows for more continuous learning to help you and your practice stay up-to-date in the field...
If you are up in 2023 it says:
“What you need to do and when:
2019 - 2023:
- One Improvement in Medical Practice activity
- Four MyEMCert modules or the ConCert Exam*
2014 - 2018:
- One Improvement in Medical Practice activity
- Four Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment tests
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the help.
I know I'm being dense about this; I just hate the whole idea and have been ostriched about it.
I know I'm being dense about this; I just hate the whole idea and have been ostriched about it.
New cycle is only five years. ABEM must have realized that most EP’s time horizon for getting the f—- out is somewhere between 5 and 10 years, and the old 10 year recert cycle would result in lost revenue. Now they can squeeze one more recert out of everyone.Four of these a year? Or four altogether and I'm done and then ABEM can eff off for another ten years?
New cycle is only five years. ABEM must have realized that most EP’s time horizon for getting the f—- out is somewhere between 5 and 10 years, and the old 10 year recert cycle would result in lost revenue. Now they can squeeze one more recert out of everyone.
Glad they aren't getting any more of my money!
Me either.
I looked, and it said I needed to do 4 LLSAs and I was like WhAAAAAt?
And then I realized that they didn't cost anything. Oh.
I knocked out two really fast. Still need to do 2 more by the end of 2024, but I'm not doing any of the MyEMCerts. I'm up in 2029, I'm boarded now as a Hospice Medical Director, so I'm going to let it expire because I'm not going back.
I looked, and it said I needed to do 4 LLSAs and I was like WhAAAAAt?
And then I realized that they didn't cost anything. Oh.
I knocked out two really fast. Still need to do 2 more by the end of 2024, but I'm not doing any of the MyEMCerts. I'm up in 2029, I'm boarded now as a Hospice Medical Director, so I'm going to let it expire because I'm not going back.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that currently, if you recertify for your EM subspecialty, you no longer need to keep your EM boards any longer. Is that what you're understanding, also?Me either.
I looked, and it said I needed to do 4 LLSAs and I was like WhAAAAAt?
And then I realized that they didn't cost anything. Oh.
I knocked out two really fast. Still need to do 2 more by the end of 2024, but I'm not doing any of the MyEMCerts. I'm up in 2029, I'm boarded now as a Hospice Medical Director, so I'm going to let it expire because I'm not going back.
You only need like one a year.
Two things:
I hadn't done any LLSAs since passing my Concert. I wasn't going to do any and then realized a) they're free and b) there are (ahem) "concise reviews" online of the 2017 and 2018, which I knocked out pretty quickly. I only need the "participating in MOC" bit, but I'm not going to do anything that actually requires effort or payment at this point.
and I'm HMDC, which is not an ABMS board - it's a freestanding back door board which is narrower and focused only on hospice. Hence, lots of medicare regulatory stuff that isn't part of the HPM boards. And since I don't do (or want to do) palliative, it's a viable option for me.
I hadn't done any LLSAs since passing my Concert. I wasn't going to do any and then realized a) they're free and b) there are (ahem) "concise reviews" online of the 2017 and 2018, which I knocked out pretty quickly. I only need the "participating in MOC" bit, but I'm not going to do anything that actually requires effort or payment at this point.
and I'm HMDC, which is not an ABMS board - it's a freestanding back door board which is narrower and focused only on hospice. Hence, lots of medicare regulatory stuff that isn't part of the HPM boards. And since I don't do (or want to do) palliative, it's a viable option for me.
There are 6 available currently. I’ve done and passed 4.
As expected @xaelia describes their nature in more elegant prose than I might.
Mostly they are immediately easy. Occasionally you’ll look up a question. More troublesome, some questions and answers have a certain degree of ambiguity where you may be torn by the “right” answer and what you think they want you to say.
Still, you should pass no issue, IMO. I am honestly very good at multiple-choice-tests, and have a pretty easy time understanding “what they want me to answer”, which has served me well throughout life. Even without that skill, with a pinch of double checking on google you’ll be fine.
And yes, I had a few repeat questions and certainly some repeated (HAMMERED INTO MY SKULL) topics. It’s the nature of the qbank and the way they pull from it.
I keep saying I think its a fine way to do MOC and keep people vaguely up-to-date, and a valid alternative to a once-a-decade big old test, but I honestly liked the LLSA articles and test MORE if the goal was to get all US ED Docs reading the same 10-20 core pieces of literature each year…