Naltrexone and norco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mona2004

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a new pt with norco Rx from a dentist when we bill insurance we found out that pt got naltrexone once a day for 30 days from other chain . I called that store Rph confirmed it and that it has been picked up. I called pt to notify her that we are not able to fill norco since she is on Naltrexone. She claimed that it is for alcohol withdrawals and she is not taking it for few days however when I contacted dentist he told me pt didn't mention it to him so it must be a mistake and fill the Rx for him since she had dental procedure for her . I contacted several pharmacists to get opinion non of them had this case.Is it ok that I document on Rx after contacting Dds again that dentist is aware and pt is not taking naltrexone and fill the Rx?

Members don't see this ad.

You can really do whatever you want in this case other than telling the patient to take both meds.

I would probably contact both prescribers and fill if they were both okay with it. Naltrexone is used for alcoholism and dental work hurts. Their story checks out for the most part.

Reactions: 1 users