Name Change Process for CT/MA licensed Pharmacist

Started by DesiRX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DesiRX

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I got married in the summer and am now just going thru changing my name legally. I was looking into how to change it on my license and besides forms on the ct.gov and ma.gov sites, I can't find any specifics on what one needs to submit for name change. I would assume you need to submit the proof of name change such as a marriage certificate? But it doesn't state that anywhere, can someone please help...

Also, CT says to do it within five days, I do remember this from taking my boards, however, clearly I didn't think anything of it til just now. So do you guys know what the penalty is?

Best,
 
Hey guys,
I got married in the summer and am now just going thru changing my name legally. I was looking into how to change it on my license and besides forms on the ct.gov and ma.gov sites, I can't find any specifics on what one needs to submit for name change. I would assume you need to submit the proof of name change such as a marriage certificate? But it doesn't state that anywhere, can someone please help...

Also, CT says to do it within five days, I do remember this from taking my boards, however, clearly I didn't think anything of it til just now. So do you guys know what the penalty is?

Best,
Neither state asks for proof. I would put tomorrow as the effective date for both and email the forms in tomorrow without volunteering the information that the change is late. I doubt they'll care enough to investigate and penalize you.
 
Awesome, thank you so much for responding. CT asks for the effective date but MA doesn't. However, MA makes you pay but CT doesn't. Totally absurd. Checked NABP too, they don't ask for effective date either but I just need to get it notarized.