name for a disease?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nev

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I saw this case on TV where a patient used to faint whenever he used to drink cold water. That same patient would recover after 30-60 seconds and his heartbeat would be normal. The diagnosis came out that this patient had a defect with his vagus nerve which used to give a false signal for hypothermia whenever something cold (in this case drinking cold water) went down his throat. The doctors said that this disease did not have a cure. I would like to know the name of this disease.....any ideas?
Thanks
Nev

Members don't see this ad.

There may not be a name yet therefore I claim this disease and it shall be known from here on as Trutrooper Syndrome.

Sorry, I never really heard of it but sounds interesting.

Hi trutrooper...infact I found out that about 7-8 doctors were called to witness this case and none of them could figure this out. After a while (I think they did some reffering) and they came up with the name of this syndrome. However, they fit a pacemaker into the patient to make sure that his heart beats ok after he recovers from such shocks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
nev said:
Hi trutrooper...infact I found out that about 7-8 doctors were called to witness this case and none of them could figure this out. After a while (I think they did some reffering) and they came up with the name of this syndrome. However, they fit a pacemaker into the patient to make sure that his heart beats ok after he recovers from such shocks again.

cool!

i saw the same episode.. it was due to a hypersensitive vasovagal response..

nev said:
Hi,
I saw this case on TV where a patient used to faint whenever he used to drink cold water. That same patient would recover after 30-60 seconds and his heartbeat would be normal. The diagnosis came out that this patient had a defect with his vagus nerve which used to give a false signal for hypothermia whenever something cold (in this case drinking cold water) went down his throat. The doctors said that this disease did not have a cure. I would like to know the name of this disease.....any ideas?
Thanks
Nev

cool! Thats the name I was looking for.
Thanks

and how did u remember that name?

Nev