Name that drug

Started by nnguyenc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nnguyenc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
a.20-40mg three to four times daily, 30 minutes before meals




that's all the info I was given, can't figure it out




help a buddy out
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i would have never guessed famotidine

it was a question from our naplex review sessions
 
I am jealous of those at schools that do so much NAPLEX review. or MJPE review.

Regardless, that's cool that they bring you back at the end to go over stuff as well as getting to see everyone again. I can't believe it, but I miss a lot of my classmates!
 
The only thing that comes to an old mind is an old drug, Dicyclomine.

Adults-Oral

The only oral dose clearly shown to be effective is 160 mg per day (in 4 equally divided doses). Since this dose is associated with a significant incidence of side effects, it is prudent to begin with 80 mg per day (in 4 equally divided doses). Depending upon the patient's response during the first week of therapy, the dose should be increased to 160 mg per day unless side effects limit dosage escalation.
If efficacy is not achieved within 2 weeks or side effects require doses below 80 mg per day, the drug should be discontinued. Documented safety data are not available for doses above 80 mg daily for periods longer than 2 weeks.
 
Last edited:
domperidone? I've seen 20mg qid ac (often on maternity ward), maybe it can go to 40mg? I think that's pushing it though.
 
It's definitely Bentyl (dicyclomine) for treating irritable bowel syndrome.

And Priapism - You use Reglan 1mg/kg q 6 hours 'fairly frequently' - I guess you have a lot of cancer patients, because in no way is that a normal dose for the average patient!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's definitely Bentyl (dicyclomine) for treating irritable bowel syndrome.

And Priapism - You use Reglan 1mg/kg q 6 hours 'fairly frequently' - I guess you have a lot of cancer patients, because in no way is that a normal dose for the average patient!


Impossible! Pri doesn't see any cancer patients!