Nan Duke Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stanford05

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

so now that the duke admissions staff seems to be done screening applicants and making decisions. maybe they'll decide on these scholarships? does anyone have any inside information on these?

as far as i know:
6-10 full-tuition merit based scholarships for URM's
~10 for everyone

In the past they've told people around the beginning of April. can anyone confirm this info?

Members don't see this ad.

ummm i do!!! post in the Duke 2009 thread too..but here's my reply..

i called the office and they are in the process of checking into that now..that will be making decisions in the next few weeks. the nan duke and URM scholarships all come out of the executive admissions committee, so it will be a separate letter than your financial aid package letter.. which should be comming in late march/early april.. my question was: they sent out all these acceptances and what if they start trying to pick folks for the scholarships and these folks don't accept their acceptance at Duke in the first place. i guess they'll just give the scholarship to an alternate then but i sure as hell sent my confirmation of acceptance right back in...hope i get one.. :thumbup: hope this helps.. don't forget to check out the other thread..

LRmed2003 said:
ummm i do!!! post in the Duke 2009 thread too..but here's my reply..

Stop giving out scholarship info to these people. And I don't like that your enthusiasm for Duke rivals mine. I am starting to see you as competition. :mad:

:( sorry guy.. i will let you take the lead on this one...especially as i wait by my mailbox for HMS' skinny envelope.. :(