You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NAPA, Envision or Sound Physician?
Started by GASMAN
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
C'mon really? What a waste of thread space
At the very least you need to provide details of region, goals for yourself, etc. rather than blanket requests for information about large groups that will vary in the experience from location to location. What a waste.
At the very least you need to provide details of region, goals for yourself, etc. rather than blanket requests for information about large groups that will vary in the experience from location to location. What a waste.
Last edited:
what area? there are dozens of threads about each of those groups.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bad, worse and worst. In any of the combinations that you desire.
They all the same in their cores.
They all the same in their cores.
I.e., rottenBad, worse and worst. In any of the combinations that you desire.
They all the same in their cores.
Oh mine. They must be bad.
Anyway, I am talking about Florida in general. Not much choices since they have the only openings available.
Not interested in becoming a partner that needs to buy in
Anyway, I am talking about Florida in general. Not much choices since they have the only openings available.
Not interested in becoming a partner that needs to buy in
Sound Physician’s head of their anesthesia division is the SAME guy that started Northstar...
Aka. Death Star
The model is the same…..
Work (abuse) the physicians, treat the CRNAs well…. Collect money for the mothership.
It just depends on who you work with. Very local practice dependent. If you have to be at a certain location, and those are your choices. Find one that pays the most, most vacation and the least call.
Work (abuse) the physicians, treat the CRNAs well…. Collect money for the mothership.
It just depends on who you work with. Very local practice dependent. If you have to be at a certain location, and those are your choices. Find one that pays the most, most vacation and the least call.
Sound took over a contract in central FL from a well run private ACT group and plans to install high ratio CRNA supervision. That should tell you all you need to know there.
But they paying crna $200/hr! I know what place u are talking about.Sound took over a contract in central FL from a well run private ACT group and plans to install high ratio CRNA supervision. That should tell you all you need to know there.
I also concur that sound is the worst of them should be avoided at all costs.
Anesthesia | Sound Physicians
Phil Eichenholz was the former founder/CEO of Northstar, and Andi Damron was Northstar’s former “Chief CRNA”.
Sound prides themselves on no non-competes so they are a league above the other two mentioned.
Envision says the same thing... In certain markets.... Assume sound is the sameSound prides themselves on no non-competes so they are a league above the other two mentioned.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly, I work for Envision, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Our group is short, so we're always getting offered various generous stipends to take extra call, so as a young guy it feels like I'm able to make money like crazy, which I like. Perhaps this is due to our group being relatively large and having a history that long predates the Envision buy out making it difficult for them to institute whatever usual bull**** they try to pull.
It's still less desirable than a physician-owned group of course.
Sound is scary for the CRNA aspect.
It's still less desirable than a physician-owned group of course.
Sound is scary for the CRNA aspect.
Agree. As long as you are being compensated for extra calls. It’s reasonable. Envison in florida pays $300/hr now for their w2 docs in many areas. Envoy their locums division pays similar 1099.Honestly, I work for Envision, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Our group is short, so we're always getting offered various generous stipends to take extra call, so as a young guy it feels like I'm able to make money like crazy, which I like. Perhaps this is due to our group being relatively large and having a history that long predates the Envision buy out making it difficult for them to institute whatever usual bull**** they try to pull.
It's still less desirable than a physician-owned group of course.
Sound is scary for the CRNA aspect.
Have a colleague who works at Sound, says their CRNA supervision is about 1:3, heard they usually do 1:2-1:4, but that's just par for the course with all 3 of those groups.
$300 per hour W2 in Florida? I will take it,Agree. As long as you are being compensated for extra calls. It’s reasonable. Envison in florida pays $300/hr now for their w2 docs in many areas. Envoy their locums division pays similar 1099.
I used to regularly do 1:4 supervision for a physician own group. But now is more like doing my case now since the group was bought by a AMC which resulted in lose of CRNAs.Have a colleague who works at Sound, says their CRNA supervision is about 1:3, heard they usually do 1:2-1:4, but that's just par for the course with all 3 of those groups.
Care to elaborate on these "many" areas?Agree. As long as you are being compensated for extra calls. It’s reasonable. Envison in florida pays $300/hr now for their w2 docs in many areas. Envoy their locums division pays similar 1099.
Sound Physicians in Florida is what used to be Capital Anesthesia Solutions. Capital had a bunch of crap contracts with poor quality facilities prior to being assimilated by Sound. Lots of Community Health Systems stuff which ain’t good.Oh mine. They must be bad.
Anyway, I am talking about Florida in general. Not much choices since they have the only openings available.
Not interested in becoming a partner that needs to buy in
The jobs will pay you the typical AMC salary, with crap benefits and virtually no employer contributions. Facilities are chronically understaffed with burned out nurses/techs and virtually no administrative support/understanding.
And any facility that was previously a Capital site is likely going to be a CRNA supervision “top of their license” practice where you do 1:5-1:8.
Any other questions? 😁
I was looking at the job posting in Phoenix for sound- says 1:4 max. Pretty decent pay compared to what I have here in San Antonio but AZ is totally different market. Trying to decide where I can land and keep up my golf swing... Florida sounds nice but it’s a mess for anesthesia I hear.Sound Physicians in Florida is what used to be Capital Anesthesia Solutions. Capital had a bunch of crap contracts with poor quality facilities prior to being assimilated by Sound. Lots of Community Health Systems stuff which ain’t good.
The jobs will pay you the typical AMC salary, with crap benefits and virtually no employer contributions. Facilities are chronically understaffed with burned out nurses/techs and virtually no administrative support/understanding.
And any facility that was previously a Capital site is likely going to be a CRNA supervision “top of their license” practice where you do 1:5-1:8.
Any other questions? 😁
So I called, emailed and submitted a web form to NAPA saying contact me for a potential employment , no one ever reach out to me for a week.
They must be fully staffed already.
They must be fully staffed already.
So I called, emailed and submitted a web form to NAPA saying contact me for a potential employment , no one ever reach out to me for a week.
They must be fully staffed already.
You’re a funny funny man
AAS are infiltrating the florida market big timeSound took over a contract in central FL from a well run private ACT group and plans to install high ratio CRNA supervision. That should tell you all you need to know there.
AAS are infiltrating the florida market big time
Tell that to the several AAs who just got let go when Sound took over.
Let go where?Tell that to the several AAs who just got let go when Sound took over.
Let go where?
From the facility I was talking about.
D
deleted87051
From the facility I was talking about.
Who can afford to get rid of any anesthesia providers at this time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1130227
Who can afford to get rid of any anesthesia providers at this time?
I don’t know anything about the situation, but getting rid of the AAs might make the environment more appealing to CRNAs.
I don’t know anything about the situation, but getting rid of the AAs might make the environment more appealing to CRNAs.
Also the CRNA that Sound hired in an exec role was a former president of the state association of nurse anesthetists and a loud and prominent anti-AA and pro-independent practice voice within AANA.
D
deleted1130227
@jwk,I don’t know anything about the situation, but getting rid of the AAs might make the environment more appealing to CRNAs.
I don't like it either. But I believe it to be accurate.