Naplex for fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacystudent0402

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do industry fellowships require you to be lisensed prior to starting?

Members don't see this ad.

No. I just graduated in May and will be starting a fellowship in July. Personally, I don't plan on taking the NAPLEX right away. I want to work for a few months to have some income to pay for the exam and licensing fees. I will take it before the end of this year though. It is not required for my fellowship though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Hey current fellow here,

I started in July and did not finish getting licensed until February. It is not a requirement for Rutgers.

That being said I recommend you take the NAPLEX quickly (I took mine in September) since you will forget most of your therapeutics knowledge. I only knew the TA I'm focused in for my fellowship. I kept pushing off law but only needed 1 month to study for it.

Reactions: 1 user

Some fellowships may not require you to be licensed at all. Mine did due to the setting of one of the rotations. I chose to take my NAPLEX and law exams during the first month of fellowship so that I could get it out of the way. I would recommend that approach in most cases.