NAPLEX HELP. FAILED 3 TIMES.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD_XO

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have never felt so discouraged in my whole life. I failed the NAPLEX three times and I really don't know what to do anymore. My score keeps improving, bu still not ta pass. What scares me the most is that everyone passes this test but I'm not passing.

I tried RXPrep book, RXPrep quiz banks, PNN book and quiz banks, and also attended the live course. I really don't know what to do anymore.

Also, I live in a state where I have to wait 91 days to re-take the exam so it is a slow and brutal process.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Some states require extra classes/intern hours if you fail three times. NABP has a limit of 5 attempts for NAPLEX. Focus on guidelines and calculations. Stick with the big picture and remember questions refer to the profile.

I have never felt so discouraged in my whole life. I failed the NAPLEX three times and I really don't know what to do anymore. My score keeps improving, bu still not ta pass. What scares me the most is that everyone passes this test but I'm not passing.

I tried RXPrep book, RXPrep quiz banks, PNN book and quiz banks, and also attended the live course. I really don't know what to do anymore.

Also, I live in a state where I have to wait 91 days to re-take the exam so it is a slow and brutal process.

hello can u pls contact me [email protected] i have some piece of advice to give.

Members don't see this ad :)

DON'T be discouraged you WILL pass! I'm not sure what your scores were or how much improvement you saw but I suggest really looking at what could be the problem. Are you running out of time? Is it math or biostats maybe? Did you forget to look at allergies? etc

you need to focus more about what you study more than any other thing, in the new format every thing is important q bank is very good tool to measure you performance ,don't work on q bank right away after you study the book on my first attempt i got qbank:45% average on exam I got 48 failed. on my second attempt qbank 65-70$ on exam 80 passed .
know like your name math and biostates, alot of calc from there
one last thing, there are a lot of quizlet review they are golden tool for fast and effective review
good luck

I can't imagine how a person would fail NAPLEX ...to be honest. I think passing is a lot easier than failing the Naplex, unless you purposedly want to f* it up.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't imagine how a person would fail NAPLEX ...to be honest. I think passing is a lot easier than failing the Naplex, unless you purposedly want to f* it up.
I can not imagine that someone want to loose time and money and fail naplex on purpose then retake and waste money.
in this form we all are here because we need some help and support even emotionally..
we all are pharmacists since we finish last day in pharmacy school ,definitely naplex doesn't tell if we are smart or stupid . it just measure your ability to process a lot of info at one time and get answer in 1.6 min.

Reactions: 6 users
Wow.

To OP, don't be discouraged... failing doesn't define you. Things happen in life, but you'll get through it. We've all been there so you're not alone. Know you calculations VERY well and guidelines.

Reactions: 1 users

I passed naplex by studying with rxprep. I only focused on math, biostat, and big chapters like HiV/ID/Cardio/asthma/Copd/Nonsterile/sterile/immunizations. I Only read the highlighted parts and i practiced 120 math questions from SDN. Do not waste your time by watching video lectures or practice exam questions from rxprep cause they are not the same as actual questions. Let me know if you need help

I failed naplex and just recently passed as well so don't be discouraged keep pushing forward.

What I did differently was Board vitals, it doesn't have videos like rxprep but lots of practice questions at a fairly affordable price. I still used Rxprep book as a study guide and some online quizlets. For the new naplex, I felt like there was more PK questions compare to the old version. Make sure you know your math very critical to passing I believe. Make sure you know random things like guidelines and drug references and always watch out for allergies. This time around I read the questions first and looked for allergies, if patient had allergy most likely itll eliminate 2-3 of the answers and youre down to two to choose from.

Make sure you are well rested the night before as well and do take the two available breaks to clear your mind. Its only 10 mins a piece but it does help to relax a bit.

Not sure how much info I can share about the naplex but any questions you can always message me. Good luck and you will pass next time! Think positive! :)

I failed naplex and just recently passed as well so don't be discouraged keep pushing forward.

What I did differently was Board vitals, it doesn't have videos like rxprep but lots of practice questions at a fairly affordable price. I still used Rxprep book as a study guide and some online quizlets. For the new naplex, I felt like there was more PK questions compare to the old version. Make sure you know your math very critical to passing I believe. Make sure you know random things like guidelines and drug references and always watch out for allergies. This time around I read the questions first and looked for allergies, if patient had allergy most likely itll eliminate 2-3 of the answers and youre down to two to choose from.

Make sure you are well rested the night before as well and do take the two available breaks to clear your mind. Its only 10 mins a piece but it does help to relax a bit.

Not sure how much info I can share about the naplex but any questions you can always message me. Good luck and you will pass next time! Think positive! :)

can you email me about the naplex? [email protected]

This was my third attempt on NAPLEX.
on my second attempt in June I scored 73 and on third one in October after I got 74 , in my first attempt in feb I had score of 64
while I scored 78 on prenaplex just 4 days before exam.
I'm so heart broken now I don't even know what process do I have to go through to apply for 4 th time in NY.
I am a foreign graduate so I knew I had to put more effort despite putting all efforts in I failed one time by 2 point and next time by one point .
I know lot of people would say it and I've heard it before that it's a minimum competency exam if you can not pass it you should not be practicing pharmacy.
Do you know any in person NAPLEX review classes or do you have any suggestions

Members don't see this ad :)
on my second attempt in June I scored 73 and on third one in October after I got 74 , in my first attempt in feb I had score of 64
I'm so heart broken now I don't even know what process do I have to go through to apply for 4 th time in NY.
I am a foreign graduate so I knew I had to put more effort despite putting all efforts in I failed one time by 2 point and next time by one point .
I know lot of people would say it and I've heard it before that it's a minimum competency exam if you can not pass it you should not be practicing pharmacy.
You were so close! Don’t worry the samething happened to me. A friend told me about Pass Naplex Now and this material helped me a lot and I was able to pass Naplex. Remain positive, you will pass

Hi, I failed the naplex 3 times already and I think my problem is taking test. I feel like I need to do more practice questions. Is Board Vitals a good resource? Do you think it helped you pass?

I don't have any advice but if you are interested, you can send me your email if you want to be a study partner and we can go from there. i will be taking the NAPLEX in 3 months. Regardless of whether I hear back from you or not don't lose hope and don't give up. You have come this far, you will pass it.

I don't have any advice but if you are interested, you can send me your email if you want to be a study partner and we can go from there. i will be taking the NAPLEX in 3 months. Regardless of whether I hear back from you or not don't lose hope and don't give up. You have come this far, you will pass it.
Thanks for the quick reply. It will really help if we help each other. Thanks for the encouraging words. For some reason sdn won’t let me send the message with my email. Perhaps you can give me your email instead.

Did you have to sit any classes or do some intern hours?

hi, im wondering. did they allow your 4 th attempt to go through or did they require you to sit additional classes

I would love a study partner too if you are still available!

hi, im wondering. did they allow your 4 th attempt to go through or did they require you to sit additional classes
No when I called them all they told me was that I had 5 attempts. After the 5 attempts then I have to take a remediation class

Maryland. I just found out today that you only have 3 attempts within a year to take the exam. So I can’t take the exam I have to wait. How long did you have to wait after your 3rd attempt?

Maryland. I just found out today that you only have 3 attempts within a year to take the exam. So I can’t take the exam I have to wait. How long did you have to wait after your 3rd attempt?
When can you take your test? What material did you use to study? did you use rxprep book and question banks?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure you are already aware that this is a minimum competency exam. I know there are difficult questions on the exam but from when I took the exam, the questions would lean towards easier questions if you got a certain amount of questions wrong at a time. I'd first figure out why you are getting these low scores? I know you said you are a foreign grad student so is it the vocabulary you are struggling with, the time constraint or certain topics within in the exam? Keep doing practice tests and target your weak points instead of just re-studying everything all over again. It isn't time efficient. If you work on all these things and still continue to score low, I don't think pharmacy is cut out for you bud. Not trying to shut you down but pharmacy is not for everyone.